Original seats

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM

Original seats

Anyone have an opinion on whether I should keep the origina fabric on my 1964 dynamic 88. The seats are about an 8 on a scale of 10. Shoud I have them covered? Will it loose value if I have them totally redone?? Any thoughts.
George
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wow, what a loaded question. 8 out of 10 and original? Depends on what your wants and needs are. You haven't said anything about whether this car is survivor, cloned etc but if the seats are 8/10 it hopefully speaks well of the care and maintenance that was given to this vehicle over its long life. Driver or reserved for shows etc? Suggestion: put a couple of pics on the forum and set it up for voting = easy to do. Changing seat covers is kind of personal choice. My 72 has original interior including seats and I'd say they show as 9/10. I'd only change the seat cover if it really needed it. In fact if there was only a small tear in the orignal material, I'd seriously look at any kind of repair that would keep it intact, but that's just me. I think it has more appeal at a show to see what it was born with. I'm sure most of the guys on this forum will also suggest you put some pics up, but most of them also seem to feel the choice of seat / seat covering is rather a personal thing. I for one would love to see some pics of your car. I"m a fan of big cars.
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:32 PM

Thanks
The car had one owner prior to me and she never missed a tune-up or oil change. The interior is perfect. Exterior will need rear quarter panel work at some time. It has original paint on it. Car was not always garaged it is now!! I do like showing off the original seats.
The car will need a great deal of work to be a show car and that is not in my plans. I like it as a weekly driver and drop by a car show or two. I will be placing photos on line. Still having problems w/ my computer in the downloading process.
thanks for the reply
Old December 17th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

If you're having problems uploading photos to the site, that's normal. The site only takes minimum sizes. But if you get a free photobucket account, you can use the IMG or URL to post full size photos here. It's really easy that way. Good to hear you're planning to use the car. Looking forward to the pics.