General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Hardlines For Quadrajet Question? (Electric choke)

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2018, 01:39 PM

Hardlines For Quadrajet Question? (Electric choke)

I have a question regarding the two hard lines on the pass side of the carb that go into the intake. They fit into holes somewhat loosely in a plate thats bolted to the intake. I'm worried about vac. leaks in those areas. What do you guys do to make them fit or seal into the intake?

Old carb.JPG

olds carb.JPG
Old January 28th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Bowite-Bri
I have a question regarding the two hard lines on the pass side of the carb that go into the intake. They fit into holes somewhat loosely in a plate thats bolted to the intake. I'm worried about vac. leaks in those areas. What do you guys do to make them fit or seal into the intake?
Those lines are a fresh air intake anyway. If you follow them all the way up to the back of the carb air horn, you see that the line is completely open to ambient air pressure anyway. The issue is sucking in dust, not a vacuum leak. Usually the factory lines are a tight slip fit into the hot air stove in the crossover.
Old January 28th, 2018, 04:52 PM

Thanks Joe!

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Those lines are a fresh air intake anyway. If you follow them all the way up to the back of the carb air horn, you see that the line is completely open to ambient air pressure anyway. The issue is sucking in dust, not a vacuum leak. Usually the factory lines are a tight slip fit into the hot air stove in the crossover.