General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Rear floor brace the same from 69- 72?

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2021, 12:19 PM

Rear floor brace the same from 69- 72?

Help-
So I am starting replace the two rear floor sides in my 69 cutlass convertible. I also need to replace the rear brace as well. So frame off repair. After cutting out the old brace, i went about fitting in the new brace from Classic2 Current Fabrication, As I was clamping it in, it just seemed off- a little too high on the sides and two low under the existing drivetrain tunnel. So I laid my two new pans down and decided to see how the brace would fit on them. I could not see anyway that the brace would sit evenly on the pans - not even close. So I'm thinking wrong part- I check my receipt and the label on the part- they both say the brace is for 70-72 A bodies. I go to the website and they list the part I have as fitting 68-72 A bodies. So.... I thought before I speak with them I would get some knowledge from people who really know what is what. Thanks in advance
Old April 25th, 2021, 05:14 AM

Solved

I mistakenly ordered the front brace instead of the center brace (so the height issue makes sense)- too bad i already drilled holes in it for plug welding. Live and learn.