General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

radiator shroud question heavy duty

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2020, 07:39 AM

radiator shroud question heavy duty

Hey Fellas, OK so I have my new cold case radiator mounted, in my 1969 cutlass s, I installed the 4 core top plate and corresponding lower mounts into the core support , added new seals etc . so I move onto the shroud, I picked up a replacement from fusick as my original was cracked, the replacement is very good and looks exactly the same, Got new hardware and shims for reattachment, I managed to get the shroud installed but it is right up against the radiator, I looked at both the assembly manual and the chasis manual and note that there were extenders for HD cooling? these basically attach somehow to the core support and you mount the shroud to the outside of the core support instead of the inside.
I have never seen these? I would prefer to mount to outside for just a little bit of space between the shroud and radiator I dont like the idea of anything in actual contact with the cooling fins unless its rubberso my questions are as follows.
does anyone reproduce these things?
does anyone have a picture of these things?
or does anybody have a set they wish to sell LOL..
or should I just fab something up.
the hardware kit I received from inline tube had the shims and longer screws for the top, but no washers ( as shown in both manuals, for the bottom mount ) the bolts are the same as the rest of the core support ( 5/16 x 18 x .750 I believe)
I also added an overflow catch can recirculating that is easy enough to hook up with just a change of radiator cap and some proper hose.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Old May 21st, 2020, 07:48 AM

Here’s a picture where I am at so far
Old May 21st, 2020, 06:29 PM

There were excellent pictures a few weeks ago exactly about this subject. I think it was packrat. Search. Factory brackets are spot welded on. Matt69olds posed the question, 2blue442 replied with pictures in full colour.

Last edited by Yellowstatue; May 21st, 2020 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Found actual correct stuff.
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:23 PM

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...unting-134008/

hope this helps
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:16 PM

yes it does....

Originally Posted by matt69olds
Matt/Yellowstatue yes this helps a lot thank you , matt the radiator shroud from fusick is the one I got it will fit if you have those brackets, I think Ill fab something up or try to at least LOL...