General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Olds "O" Type Rear Disc Brake Conversion

Old April 26th, 2012, 10:56 PM

Olds "O" Type Rear Disc Brake Conversion

I hope someone may know the answer to this...

I am working on my 68' Cutlass S. Engine is a mild/hot Olds 350 backed by a TH350 that has some mild modifications also. I am planing on ordering a limited slip, 3.90 gears and a front disc conversion this week. I have been toying with a rear disc conversion for some time now and am curious if the GM 10/12 bolt rear end conversions will work? These are a bolt on to the GM rear end but I cant find anything referring to an Old's rear end. I know if I had any common sense I would switch out the entire rear but I would prefer to keep it original-ish.

I will also be installing a set of front and rear, upper and lower tubular control arms. I already have a Hotchkis suspension set up but will be adding heavier sway bars. My goal is to have a healthy classic that handles well and stops well. I know its not a race car and do not plan on driving it a such, I just want it to drive nicely.

Any thought from those with experiance on the brake problem would be greatly appreciated!
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:52 AM

I just did a whole set up fron and rear on my 67. I used the right stuff big break kit. If are doing suspension work look into spc parts and call Marcus at SCandC.com.
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:41 PM
doc

Originally Posted by mike63078
I just did a whole set up fron and rear on my 67. I used the right stuff big break kit. If are doing suspension work look into spc parts and call Marcus at SCandC.com.
I used Right Stuff w/ my disc brakes swap & Marcus provided all of my suspension ino/parts.....I was very pleased with both companies!!

My F-85 handles/stops GREAT!!