General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

One one on RealOldsPower?

Old July 27th, 2011, 08:06 AM

One one on RealOldsPower?

I sent a registration quite a while back and it still seems to be pending. Anyone on the site? Can anyone sent a PM to one of the administrators and ask if they can activate my account?

It'd like to join the site.

Thanks.
Old July 27th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Ben

Good luck... Common problem over there. Admins don't seem to care.

Why not just post here... its like 85% the same people, better site software... better site period.

edit (weird... this is my 666th post. freaky!)
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Where were you in '72?

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
Good luck... Common problem over there. Admins don't seem to care.

Why not just post here... its like 85% the same people, better site software... better site period.

edit (weird... this is my 666th post. freaky!)
I whole heartedly agree, I tried signing up a couple of times and gave up...was thinking maybe membership was by appointment only.
Old July 27th, 2011, 09:52 AM

I finally gave up on ROP. I was on for a while and then my account went inactive. I e-mailed several times and got no responce so forget it. I still read the posts over there since there is some good racing stuff to see.
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM

I'm about equally active on both sites. I prefer ROP but that's primarily because I've been there a lot longer. I also enjoy the lack of moderation. It keeps things interesting. I'm always surprised that with no moderation the place still seems to stay in control.

I think Classic Olds has way too many catagories for us old guys to navigate through. I know how to use the "new posts" but that brings up EVERYTHING new. On ROP I click through maybe 3 catagories on a regular basis. Here I need to go through 10 to see the ones that interest me.

If I have a general Olds question I get better quality and a greater number of responses here. If I have an engine/drivetrain question I get better responses over there. I've had better response in the "for sale" section over there which surprises me because Classic Olds clearly gets more traffic.

What username did you register under? I could try sending them an e-mail but I don't have any special contact info there

Last edited by allyolds68; July 27th, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old July 27th, 2011, 10:36 AM
71 cutlass convertible

Originally Posted by morepwr
I finally gave up on ROP. I was on for a while and then my account went inactive. I e-mailed several times and got no responce so forget it. I still read the posts over there since there is some good racing stuff to see.

x2 same happened to me
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM

JPC---It appears that new registrations over there are a somewhat random deal. Probably, they let them "build up" for awhile and then maybe decide "what the heck, let's see what's in the new registration box" and activate a bunch. That's the only thing I can figure out as I know people like yourself that have been "waiting" awhile and then out of the blue their registration gets activated.

The site is free and the guys that own it don't make any money off of it (no banner ads, etc) so stuff like this is done when they feel like it is my guess.

Be patient and maybe you'll eventually get on there.
Old July 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Yeah just post here.

I'm still waiting on my reg over there from 2006
Old July 27th, 2011, 02:15 PM

Real Olds Power? Fagetabouit! Just post here and just browse there!
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:28 PM

I was interested in a set of head gaskets that were posted for sale on the site. Tried to register under both my personal and business email and received no response. I think it is a waste of time.
This is a great forum!
Old July 27th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by jpc647
I sent a registration quite a while back and it still seems to be pending. Anyone on the site? Can anyone sent a PM to one of the administrators and ask if they can activate my account?

It'd like to join the site.

Thanks.
Ah, ha ha ha ha ha ----Sorry that was uncalled for. I put my application in at ROP about, ummm lets see now,,, yeah over 2 years ago and haven't heard anything back. If they don't want new members I'm more than happy not to join em now.

This site and Wild About Cars provide me with plenty of good options.
Old July 27th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by morepwr
Was just looking at your avatar. Totally fantastic choice! Got any more pics you can put in your album for us to enjoy? BTW, welcome to CO. You'll find that this site has a lot of open and sometimes spirited discussion that's not to hard to follow or get involved in. Glad you chose us.
Old July 28th, 2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I'm about equally active on both sites. I prefer ROP but that's primarily because I've been there a lot longer. I also enjoy the lack of moderation. It keeps things interesting. I'm always surprised that with no moderation the place still seems to stay in control.

I think Classic Olds has way too many catagories for us old guys to navigate through. I know how to use the "new posts" but that brings up EVERYTHING new. On ROP I click through maybe 3 catagories on a regular basis. Here I need to go through 10 to see the ones that interest me.

If I have a general Olds question I get better quality and a greater number of responses here. If I have an engine/drivetrain question I get better responses over there. I've had better response in the "for sale" section over there which surprises me because Classic Olds clearly gets more traffic.

What username did you register under? I could try sending them an e-mail but I don't have any special contact info there

X2 its a good site. Just keep trying!
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:38 AM

I guess I was hoping to look through the classified more than anything, I'm sort of deciding to get into fixing my car, and I thought I might find some deals over there. Things seem to be real pricey on this site, thought other sites have better deals.

And secondly, I'm getting a little frustrated with the severe moderation here. Every thread that doesn't explicitly state "Oldsmobile's are the best cars ever" seem to be locked and closed down.
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:32 AM

Wow, I didn't realize that would happen.

Chevy's are better than Oldsmobiles.... Wait for it... Wait for it...
Old July 30th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Where were you in '72?

Originally Posted by dsolomon
wow, i didn't realize that would happen.

Chevy's are better than oldsmobiles.... Wait for it... Wait for it...
Moderator! Moderator!
Old July 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM

BANNED!!
Old July 31st, 2011, 02:43 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

ROP don't seem to want me either, guess I'll have to live with that and cry myself to sleep every night.
"I don't want join any club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx.
Roger.