General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Pre-purchase inspection & appraisal

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2019, 03:24 PM

Pre-purchase inspection & appraisal

Does anyone have a recommendation for getting a pre-purchase inspection and appraisal, car is location in Redding, California.

Thanks,
Old January 10th, 2019, 08:00 PM

If mine I would check with a insurance adjuster,Yellow pages, they should have someone in the area. If you have classic car insurance and agreed value your insurance carrier will have the name of a firm or individual that handles appraisals that are at or beyond the upper limit of what they think agreed value should be.... Tedd
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:36 AM

This all depends on what level of car you want inspected. I'm a self employed adjuster, specialty is mainly mechanical adjusting, engines, trans, suspensions etc. but at one time I would do appraising for JJ's, they did classic car stuff. Problem is that you don't know who your going to get to do the inspection. I would not do one unless the seller agreed to have a lift available or bring it to my house so that I could put it on my lift I would do research before. I was the exception, not the rule and stopped doing them a few years back since I wasn't getting compensated for what the service was worth. If it's say a W-30 that your paying 50K to 100K plus for, your better off using somebody like Steve Minore, a good friend of mine. If it's just a driver quality, nothing special, your options open up. You get what you pay for!