General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Window Sticker - Just for Fun

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2014, 07:12 AM

Window Sticker - Just for Fun

I made this! I added a note to the bottom to be absolutely clear that its a reproduction. Not even a generally accurate one but - one that I think looks nice and will be a good conversation piece. I made it obviously different from what the originals looked like but kept some of the format.

In any event, the options listed are ones I have currently and/or intend to put on the car... Sure wish I wasn't 9 years away from being born when my car was made! I blame my parents!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Trying to remember member

Nice! Great to have and important that you didn't make it "exact".

"Supporting documents" are very useful. More than just a "conversation piece" they are very educational. I use all types of documents when I take my cars out and can tell you that a surprising number of people stop and read them. Especially well read are window stickers.
I find it refreshing when they are used for this instead of to fake authenticity.
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by stonecad
I made this! I added a note to the bottom to be absolutely clear that its a reproduction. Not even a generally accurate one but - one that I think looks nice and will be a good conversation piece. I made it obviously different from what the originals looked like but kept some of the format.

In any event, the options listed are ones I have currently and/or intend to put on the car... Sure wish I wasn't 9 years away from being born when my car was made! I blame my parents!
I like what you did, and the use of color highlighting the 442 option. Like Kurt I feel it's important to add the disclaimer you did. Job we'll done!

I had two of these made for my car. One to show what my dream car would have been in 72, and one that represents how it was born. Both are laminated and are clearly reproductions, and represented as such. I do envy the folks who have actual window stickers and build sheets...

Jasen (TK65 this site) also makes these for members on request. He also adamantly supports stating they are not original, and uses 'blanks' that closely mimic a factory window sticker.

Last edited by Allan R; April 12th, 2014 at 12:24 PM. Reason: wording change on window sticker description
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I like what you did, and the use of color highlighting the 442 option. Like Kurt I feel it's important to add the disclaimer you did. Job we'll done!

I had two of these made for my car. One to show what my dream car would have been in 72, and one that represents how it was born. Both are laminated and are clearly reproductions, and represented as such. I do envy the folks who have actual window stickers and build sheets...

Jasen (TK65 this site) also makes these for members on request. He also adamantly supports stating they are not original, and the 'blanks' he uses are different dimensions than a factory window sticker.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments - I definitely intended for it to appear as though it was not original but with an appearance that says it could have been... If that makes sense.
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:13 AM

My blanks are the exact size as original.
Old April 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry Jasen,
I was only going on what I learned in a previous discussion on this site. One of the members had a factory 1970 or 71 window sticker and posted the dimensions on a post. When I compared that to the one you did I found a slight difference in size. That was the basis of my comment above. Your work is absolutely fantastic BTW, and I apologize if my comment upset you. I'll modify the previous post accordingly.

Do you know if there was a different size window sticker in 1970 compared to 71/72?
Old April 12th, 2014, 12:38 PM

72 was longer.