General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Wife is PISSED

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by gearhead1218
Mike,
To meet a fellow member here I would definately consider meeting you at the Cabin. But know this, the place has gone more to the tuners and bikers over the last few years. Haven't been there at all this year and went once last year. And the place is 10 minutes from me.
B&C Restorations is having an open house and Cruise-In this coming Sunday, the 11th.
http://www.bandcautorestoration.com/
When I've got the time I stop over to Tom Wahl's in Newark on Tuesdays. Anywhere from 40 to 80 cars go there.
Tom Wahl's is a lot closer for me. I'm traveling for work Monday & Tuesday next week but I may be back for Tuesday night. I'll shoot you a PM if I think I can make it.

I'm supposed to meet up with another 68 Scarlet 442 hardtop at Mac's Drive In in Waterloo next Wednesday. Too bad they never seem to have more than 10 cars there. They certainly have the nostalgia factor going for them:

http://macsdrivein.net/

We've had so much rain I've hardly driven the car
Old August 8th, 2013, 06:27 PM
My 73HO

I have direct deposit into our account and OT and raises have a separate account in a different bank over the last 10 years.
Old August 8th, 2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by allyolds68
Tom Wahl's is a lot closer for me. I'm traveling for work Monday & Tuesday next week but I may be back for Tuesday night. I'll shoot you a PM if I think I can make it.

I'm supposed to meet up with another 68 Scarlet 442 hardtop at Mac's Drive In in Waterloo next Wednesday. Too bad they never seem to have more than 10 cars there. They certainly have the nostalgia factor going for them:

http://macsdrivein.net/

We've had so much rain I've hardly driven the car
I drive by Mac's at least every other week when going to Waterloo or S/Falls for work. Last time I was there for a cruise in was in the 80's with my Olds.
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:01 PM

Dr Phil would probably have a lot to say about this thread. I honestly think my wife would fall out and die if I brought a project in on budget. But I also have a good understanding of where the line is too! We enjoy the banter back and forth. I took my engine to Steve Ashworth Performance to have new gaskets installed. Yeah right. She is still asking what performance gaskets are? I identify most with the comments from Eric and Allan above. Seems to me it is a give and take kind of thing. By the way we still haven't seen the dyno results. That will be the ultimate determination of whether the money was well spent or not
Old August 27th, 2013, 04:52 PM

Its always easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
Old August 28th, 2013, 06:54 PM

Wife started getting the CC bills this week.
Gotta be on the DL for a while.
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:44 AM

Red face

Originally Posted by gearhead1218
Maybe a bit more than that too.
Having my 455 rebuilt by Bill Trovato. Doing a pump-gas 468 build which will be completed Wednesday after it's time on the Dyno.
Well-------- I got the final bill today, that I, being the non-secretive husband I am, showed her. Haven't seen her this mad at me in a LONG time. The budget kind of went wayyyyy out the window, by a couple grand.

Well guys, how do YOU handle your better halfs in these situations.
Jay Leno once said "My wife would rather I come in the house smelling of grease, petrol and exhaust fumes than perfume." You might be able to use that sometime.

Good luck. Oh, there are a lot of women in the world. Sounds like your car is a one off.

I think you might have to restrain yourself for a few years if you want to keep both.
Old September 3rd, 2013, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by 455 Olds 442
Jay Leno once said "My wife would rather I come in the house smelling of grease, petrol and exhaust fumes than perfume." You might be able to use that sometime.
That's a GREAT line. Will need to try and remember it.