General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Who is going to the MCACN in Rosemont Ill

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2011, 04:31 PM

I thought it was a Saturday/Sunday event?
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Diego
I thought it was a Saturday/Sunday event?

It is. Ill be there on Sunday.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:36 PM

I ask because he said he will be there on Friday.
Old November 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM

I ask because he said he will be there on Friday.
Not unless he knows somebody. I usually go to the Detroit Autorama a day ahead of time, because I know people. Way better to see the cars without a million people getting in my way.
Old November 14th, 2011, 05:13 PM

friday is "move in day", not really open to the pubic. Yes, you need to know someone, as thats how I got in last year. Well, actually it's because I trailered a buddy's 70 Judge, while he drove his 71 Judge. The show is open to the public on Sat and Sun. I'll be there Sat.
Old November 14th, 2011, 07:26 PM

Correct, Friday is move in day my time between 3 and 8 pm. Goal is to unload it about 4:30. I talked to Steven about meeting because he cannot attend the event (his anniversary). The intent was just to meet a few of the classic olds people in the area that choose not to attend or could not attend the actual event. We could meet in one of the nearby hotel lobbies or at the trailer where my pile of bolts will be until it goes into the convention center. The goal of the Friday thing is to meet up and talk oldsmobiles. I will make every effort to make my car available if I can. Lee

Lee
Old November 15th, 2011, 10:42 AM

Nickey Chicago has turned into a Muscle Car dealer now (In St. Charles, IL). They will have a booth there and will probably bring an original black '70 W-30 - 4speed among others. They also have a '70 W31 orange coupe. I think both are for sale. I will be there on Sunday (no car) for the first time. Do the exhibitors display their cars at their booths or grouped with like cars somewhere else? I'll look for all of you.
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:03 AM

I am in Chicago a little cold for a native California guy and another first for the car that spent her whole life in California. I am very excited and hope all of my olds friends bringing cars have a positive impact on all those Chevy and Mopar guys. They seem pretty focused on the copos yenkos, hemis etc. I know the Pontiac guys are bringing some great stuff too so the stepchildren will be well represented. Lee
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:08 AM

I don't really think they're focused on anything other than bringing the best of the best for us. I know the promoter and he's worked hard to pull strings - after all, how do you convince someone to trailer a car from Texas for $#!+s and giggles? Regardless of my lack of interest in Camaros, it is impressive that 16 ZL1s will be in attendance.

I don't live near Chicagoland, but I didn't want to miss this event based on the feedback from last year. This, combined with the Pure Stock Drags, appears to be all one needs for his/her muscle car fix.
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:15 AM

Bob has done a great job! Since I am not a wealthy collector absorbing the cost of this event seems worth it to me since my car sitting covered in my garage gives me no satisfaction. Now one of my friends offered to store it and it looks like I am going to Detroit autorama in February. More fun for me and the car. Lee
Old November 17th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

I'm going saturday but might not make it there in time to meet everyone will be there saturday afternoon / night
Old November 17th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Senior Moment Member

This is the best car show ever put on. I attended last year. My friends 70 HemiCuda ended up selling later in the year for 1.7 million. WOW! That's the caliber of the cars that are there. You won't find a better show. Every car is a 1000 point car. Just awesome.
Leepears car at noon on sat, see you there.
Old November 17th, 2011, 09:41 AM

If you are lucky enough to be part of the Friday load in, that is fantastic in itself. The sounds of the cars echoing, the smell of the exhaust, last year I was really just like a little kid walking around giggling after I put my car in. Walking around with a pair of open exhaust Motion Corvette's passing by you is a neat experience, let alone any of the other cars. Shooting video of the static cars during the show is great, but if Lee or any of you others has video, consider shooting the load in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
MCACN_2010.jpg (58.2 KB, 6 views)
MCACN_13.jpg (58.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by 1969Hurst; November 17th, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM

I don't live near Chicagoland, but I didn't want to miss this event based on the feedback from last year. This, combined with the Pure Stock Drags, appears to be all one needs for his/her muscle car fix.
You coming into town for the show? Thats great news if so. Rusty is coming also.
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:07 PM

Chris, I was told he won't make it after all. Whatever the case, I'll be running around with a tripod so please get my attention if I'm distracted.
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM

ah, you must have more up to date information than I do. bummer. No problem. I'll see you sometime Sat.
Old November 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM

I emailed him but didn't hear back. I'm staying at Rich Corsello's so i'll know for sure tonight. I get in before 2.
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM

cant wait till tommorow! gonna get there at 8:00 am
Old November 18th, 2011, 07:49 PM

I can't wait either. Cars are really great. Mine is in place and ready for the crowd. Met up with Jeff, jim, Ed and others. Nice people. Lee
Old November 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM

Last nite, I helped a friend unload his 70 Chevelle SS 396/375 at MCACN. I guarantee those who attend will not be disappointed. Others on this thread have commented it being the best show. There is no question - you will never see as many extremely high quality cars anywhere else.

As far as "free" car shows in Chicago at all the cruise nites. There is just no comparison - not even remotely the case. I missed the first year of MCACN and after attending last year and last nite all I can say is your senses get numbed by so many great cars.

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!
Old November 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Having fun, wish you were here. Lee
Old November 20th, 2011, 06:03 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

i will be there today. I got stuck doing the brake job from hell last night on my friends truck .
Old November 21st, 2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by italian ice
As far as "free" car shows in Chicago at all the cruise nites. There is just no comparison - not even remotely the case. I missed the first year of MCACN and after attending last year and last nite all I can say is your senses get numbed by so many great cars.

DON'T MISS THIS ONE!

ditto!!!!
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:32 PM

I couldn't believe how many cars with a current 2011 value over $150k were at the show with the Tucker, prototype Challenger hemi, shelby convertible, 5 hemi cuda convertibles, promotional gto judge, copos, yenkos, ls 6s, ram air 4 convertible judge 4 speed, stage one convertible 4 speed, prototype boss 302 and on and on. My car was lost in the crazy cars at that show. Really crazy cars that I could never imagine in one show.

Lee
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by leepear
I couldn't believe how many cars with a current 2011 value over $150k were at the show with the Tucker, prototype Challenger hemi, shelby convertible, 5 hemi cuda convertibles, promotional gto judge, copos, yenkos, ls 6s, ram air 4 convertible judge 4 speed, stage one convertible 4 speed, prototype boss 302 and on and on. My car was lost in the crazy cars at that show. Really crazy cars that I could never imagine in one show.

Lee
Your car looked awesome. It belonged there.
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:11 PM

first post to this website. decided to diversify in my olds website browsing. I was REAL impressed with the show. I definately will be striving to take a car next year. I was real impressed with the gold 70 convertible. I was watching the progress on level one's site. As an entusiast/restorer myself I always like to look at a job well done. You should be proud and it definately stood above most others in the crowd (even though it was a tough crowd). One of the nicest car shows I've been to beside barrett jackson. I say that due to the diverse mix at that auction.

Last edited by jstrits; November 21st, 2011 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old November 21st, 2011, 09:21 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Originally Posted by jstrits
first post to this website. decided to diversify in my olds website browsing. I was REAL impressed with the show. I definately will be striving to take a car next year. I was real impressed with the gold 70 convertible. I was watching the progress on level one's site. As an entusiast/restorer myself I always like to look at a job well done. You should be proud and it definately stood above most others in the crowd (even though it was a tough crowd). One of the nicest car shows I've been to beside barrett jackson. I say that due to the diverse mix at that auction.
Welcome to the CO board,here's the gold 70 vert your referring to.

memorycard4298.jpg

Old November 22nd, 2011, 06:09 AM

Thanks for posting the pictures of my car. I still dont know how to post the large pictures. Love your saying "Jewelry or cars,chicks dig gold!" Over the last 35 years of owning my car I was always unsure of the original color combination my car was born with. Now I love it and although Marks black 69 w-30 convertible was beautiful I am glad Rug the original owner picked the option combination and colors. I think if he was around today he would be happy to see everyone enjoying his old car.

everything I do loads small as a thumbnail.

Lee
Attached Images
front with paper plate.jpg (52.4 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by leepear; November 22nd, 2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:08 AM

To Jim and Jim. Nice meeting you and keep up the good work on your web site. Great service to all of us Olds guys.

Lee

http://www.wmachineregistry.com/
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by leepear
To Jim and Jim. Nice meeting you and keep up the good work on your web site. Great service to all of us Olds guys.

Lee

http://www.wmachineregistry.com/
Hi Lee,

Great meeting you as well as James in person. Thought your car really stood out among the crowd! Thanks for the help on the clutch and letting me crawl under the W-30. Stay in touch.

I will post all my pictures from the show shortly on my site as well as on here.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:20 AM

Old November 22nd, 2011, 10:16 AM

Since you never brag or actively market your web site I should mention that you have pictures of cars with almost every COLOR and STRIPE combination ever ordered. This is really the only place on the net where you can find this. Lee