General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Who do we consider our arch enemy?

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM

I dunno if it is an enemy.......but I do hate any of those small cars (mostly "ricers") with those blow hard fart sounding mufflers. What is it with that? Most times they're hung wrong and does the dude (or dudette) think ANYTHING will make a 1.4L sound good? The only thing that makes it worse is when they are wearing a baseball cap sideways and are fully reclined while driving! I take that back......the addition of air dams, fender skirts and other ground effect what-nots that flap in the wind does makes it worse.
Old April 11th, 2010, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by coltsneckbob
I dunno if it is an enemy.......but I do hate any of those small cars (mostly "ricers") with those blow hard fart sounding mufflers. What is it with that? Most times they're hung wrong and does the dude (or dudette) think ANYTHING will make a 1.4L sound good? The only thing that makes it worse is when they are wearing a baseball cap sideways and are fully reclined while driving! I take that back......the addition of air dams, fender skirts and other ground effect what-nots that flap in the wind does makes it worse.
Don't forget the "I *heart* my Honda" sticker on the back. Or the fake louvres, and all the other cheap glue on parts in the car section of Wal*Mart or Autozone. Oh, and the dark pee-yellow lights many of them have. The ones without them have the xenon lights. As they floor it (and go 20MPH), the fart can muffler screams out "IIIIIIMMMMMM GAAAAYYYYYY". Or, if you prefer, HOOONNNNNDUUUUUHHH.

--Ryan
Old April 11th, 2010, 12:05 PM
is Fast Enough ...

Ch*** ...
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:18 PM
67w30

ha

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
years ago a coworker called my 69 h/o a "judge". When i got pissed off, he started doing it regularly...

As for "enemies", how about people who put chebby motors in oldsmobiles (and i include the factory on this one!).

well gto did stand for go to olds
Old April 11th, 2010, 01:35 PM

Why does everyone think we have to have an enemy?

And what's with the paranoids on this site?

Otherwise, Chevrolet owners all the way!

Growing up, all the guys drove primer-gray Chevys. They then would drop out of school and start a career pumping gas. They knew nothing about Brand X and didn't have respect for them . . . until some new kid bought a GS455 and kicked some butt. One guy ended up trashing his Camaro and had a need for wheels, so he ended up with a cheap Falcon. Nature took its course and he started wrenching on the little 289 and began to think, "Gee, this car is kinda neat!" Then I graduated and never heard about any of these guys again.

I'm pretty picky when it comes to my Chevy likes, but they're last on the totem pole for me. . . Pontiac is the first.