General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

when is someday

Search this Thread

Old December 16th, 2008, 10:13 PM

when is someday

I met a older gentleman about a month ago who has eight nice old cars sitting behind his barn. one of them is a 62 starfire garnet mist provincial white top red interior very little rust another is a nice old Buick mid 50's. he is a very nice man so i don't want to come across wrong but when i asked him if he would sell any of them he declined and said he was going to fix'em up someday. that got me to thinking as car guys why do we do this. we gather more "projects" than we could ever hope to finish and in the mean time the very cars we saved from the crusher rust away waiting there turn it makes no since. ok I fill better know
Old December 17th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Official Tire Kicker

My friend Leo says they are a network, all sitting around talking to each other about whether they still have their cars waiting for restoration and joking with each other about never letting go of them because "someday" they will fix them.
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:19 AM

Someday is a long time from now.
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:30 AM

Somebody once said the grand essentials of this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for ..... the hope that 'someday' arrives is what keeps the old iron sitting around for many owners.
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Past Administrator

"Someday, never comes."

John Fogerty sang that. I can hear his voice in my mind right now...
Old December 17th, 2008, 07:38 AM

I think collecting these things are addicting to some...how many of us have more than one old car...I have two 65 cutlass's one a 442...only need one but its hard to part with the other one...and if I had the money ( and a wife who didnt care) I would have more....At 55 yrs of age one of them should go...but it is real hard to let one go along with a pile of parts...

I met a retired postal worker outside Cour Delene Idaho...He is about 60-65...he rented an old body shop to work on his old GTO....But he kept on finding cars and parts that he couldnt pass up....The body shop and the lot out back are now full of cars and parts stacked up to 7 feet high in places...he has been buying restoration panels and parts for all of these vehicles at the same time...

It is now almost impossible to move in the shop...and nothing is getting done...This is just another pile of stuff that will end up at auction someday when he passes on...I can see how it happens...I cant understand why he is divorced???
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:28 AM

Offer him a deal he can't resist. Andy
Old December 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM

forgot to mention the 62 caddy rust free loaded with options not a caddy guy but wow. im sure there's somebody out there for every one of the cars behind that barn. i guess i will just raise my beer to someday coming