General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Tow from Waco to Fort Worth

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2018, 01:31 PM

Tow from Waco to Fort Worth

Anyone here know of a towing company that will tow a car from Waco to Fort Worth that wont charge an arm and a leg?
Might buy an 85 delta 88 some time next week and will need a tow.
Old September 4th, 2018, 02:07 PM

That's not a very great distance. Call some local tow companies and see what they charge. Better yet, if you have a pickup truck, why not rent a tow dolly and go get it yourself? Or rent a truck and dolly and go get it?

I used a regular auto transport company to transport a car from Charleston, West Virginia to Athens, Ohio, a distance of about 90 miles and which is about the same as the distance you're talking about. This was back in 2009. They charged me $225, which I thought was quite reasonable. It was an open trailer.
Old September 4th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
That's not a very great distance. Call some local tow companies and see what they charge. Better yet, if you have a pickup truck, why not rent a tow dolly and go get it yourself? Or rent a truck and dolly and go get it?

I used a regular auto transport company to transport a car from Charleston, West Virginia to Athens, Ohio, a distance of about 90 miles and which is about the same as the distance you're talking about. This was back in 2009. They charged me $225, which I thought was quite reasonable. It was an open trailer.
That sounds like a pretty good idea!
Old September 4th, 2018, 05:05 PM
Forward into the Past

Do you have AAA? If the distance is less than 100 miles, they'll do it at no charge. Just make sure there's a valid license plate on the car. I just had my '95 Cutlass Supreme convertible shipped from PA to NC yesterday and it cost me $670. Not cheap, but I didn't have time to go fetch it. Still, it probably only cost me a couple hundred bucks more than I would have spent on a one-way plane ticket and a hotel room.

Last edited by Human; September 4th, 2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old September 4th, 2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Human
Do you have AAA? If the distance is less than 100 miles, they'll do it at no charge.
No they won't. Read the fine print.

First, to get 100-mile towing, you need to be an AAA Plus or AAA Premier member. The basic AAA membership gets only a 7-mile tow.

But more importantly, the fine print on the towing policy says the following. This is from the current AAA Member Handbook.

Unless the vehicle was running just before the breakdown, they won't tow it. I'm guessing the idea is to avoid someone trying to do exactly what the OP needs: getting a non-operable vehicle towed.