General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

throtle position sensor 84 cutlass 5.0

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2016, 12:51 PM

throtle position sensor 84 cutlass 5.0

My engine light keeps coming on for a few minutes everyday. I jumped the obd and the code flashed #21 which is the TPS

I am trying to locate it and can't seem to see the rascal... can you guys point me in the right direction ?
Old October 22nd, 2016, 03:04 PM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. The TPS is built into the carb and is located under the accelerator pump lever.

Before doing anything, you need to determine if the problem is the switch or the wiring that leads to the switch. I STRONGLY recommend that you get a copy of the factory Chassis Service Manual. The computer controlled Qjet works well if adjusted properly, but you MUST follow the adjustment process in the CSM exactly. Failure to do so will only result in wasted time and money. Good luck.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Welcome. The TPS is built into the carb and is located under the accelerator pump lever.
Before doing anything, you need to determine if the problem is the switch or the wiring that leads to the switch. I STRONGLY recommend that you get a copy of the factory Chassis Service Manual. The computer controlled Qjet works well if adjusted properly, but you MUST follow the adjustment process in the CSM exactly. Failure to do so will only result in wasted time and money. Good luck.
Many Thanks Joe.

Last edited by biogenic; October 22nd, 2016 at 09:05 PM.