General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Stealing an old car

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2021, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Koda
That's compact. I think those little wheels in the bed are a dolly for the back wheels if the car can't roll on the back tires.
A few years ago I went to pick my brother-in-law from the air port our usual routine is you wait in the cell phone lot and he will call me when he'son the curb, that was the case this time ( the cell phone lot was very , very close to the arrival curb side pick up area ) right next to my space is a empty spot wit a big ol sign that read DO NOT LEAVE VEHILE UN ATTENDED, VIOLATORS WILL BE TOWED sure enough a older guy pulls in to the slot and gets out of his veh ( Chevy Blazer) and walks to the pick up area, he couldn't have been gone a minute and a half when the air port police pull up next to his vehicle she jumps out looks in the windshield at the VIN pulls out a little hand held computer that spit out a ticket like a grocery receipt, she slaps it on the windshield and leaves I thought that was it but no !! about 1 minute after she left a truck with a rig like the one pictured above pulls up, it took that driver about 1 minute to ****** that Blazer out of that space and he was gone !! omg !! from the time that cop showed up until the time that driver towed it away was only about 5 minutes !! then my cell phone rings its the B-I-L I'm on the curb, as Im backing out here comes the driver of the Blazer with what appeared to be his grand daughter (he looked to old to be dad ) he stood in disbelief, I rolled down the window and told him they towed it, 'WHAT THE HELL HE SAID I WAS ONLY GONE MINUTES !! at first I felt sorry for him because it looked like he was just being a good Grandpa, but then I said unless he cant read I guess it is what it is.
Old May 15th, 2021, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Show of hands.

How many here have ever called the cops when they heard a car alarm go off?

Didn't think so...

Show of hands, how many wish the thief would drive off with the car so you won’t hear the alarm anymore?

Car alarms are pretty annoying.
Old May 16th, 2021, 04:46 AM

Old May 16th, 2021, 05:36 AM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

Older GM cars like our cars were the targets every time by the First Nations up here. Almost no Ford's or Dodge's were stolen. My 81 Delta 88 was stolen, I left the keys in the car. You think it was dumb, nope. I found a standard screwdriver on the seat, he would have wrecked the column. He just used it as ride home and chucked the keys. Used my spare keys and locked it after that. Too much trouble with the doors locked. They actually took my co workers car at the mechanic shop I worked at, a GM FWD which had a toasted motor. He took off the insurance of because it was sitting waiting from him to change the motor and give it to a Nephew. Well the knocking motor must have made them mad. They smashed out the windows and pushed it into the Creek.
Old May 16th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Since I run all my accessories through relays and have my ignition , fuel pump , etc etc etc on a switch panel on the dash. It might seem easy to steal but I have small hidden switched to trigger the relays so it may appear that you have turned on the ignition and fuel pump and all you have to do it break the key lock to unlock the wheel and start it but.... It won't. I also rigged my driveshaft safety look to accept a cross bar to go through the U joint. So when we camp at the race track no one can roll it away. It pretty much locks up the diff.
Old May 16th, 2021, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Show of hands.

How many here have ever called the cops when they heard a car alarm go off?

Didn't think so...
Exactly. Nobody even looks anymore.

Solly the Blazer Guy is like so many others these days. No Parking PERIOD. Well except for me. I am special. OOPS...