General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Sellers remorse.

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2021, 01:57 PM

Sellers remorse.

Greetings,
I needed a little me time this weekend, hectic as usual this time of year so I went to the local cruise in, as usual Oldsmobile participation was limited, two 442's a 65 and a 67 and my 56.
As I found a slot to park the previous owner of my Olds approached with his head down and said sellers remorse !! I saw you coming down the lane and said to myself what the hell was wrong with me why did I let that car go !! I have seen him there several times he owns a very nice 68 Z/28 that he has now completed the restoration on. I think he is bored now that the Camaro is complete and looking for another project,( he mentioned installing a L/S and new trans with fuel inj. in the Olds)
We talked for awhile and then in a surprise move he offered to by it back !! I was taken back a bit ( we never got to a $$ amount ) but I was pretty quick to respond I don't think so I'm pretty attached to it now . I know they are not as valuable as the 2 door hard tops
but damn you rarely see the 2 door Super 88 sedans so I think I'll hold on to it. about the only thing that could move me off it would be a 34-37 fat fender street rod / or stock ( but my Olds would not bring enough for that)
There was a guy at the cruise in with a 1937 Cadillac model 60 DAMN IT WAS NICE it was a outstanding restoration I drooled over it for about 20 min. before walking away. Has the anyone here had the experience of the previous owner offering to buy back?
Old December 13th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Interesting Solly. Since I bought my 75 Hurst Olds I have considered selling my 54. I have a guy in our club who came over and looked at it and seems very interested. I gave him until the end of the month. I am firm on my price. If he does not come through I will probably keep it. After I saw it in the documentary last week I am less inclined to sell it. I know I would have buyers remorse if I sell it because I would see it often. I may even change me mind if he comes through.
Old December 13th, 2021, 02:51 PM

The previous owner of my car was a salvage yard that acquired the car in a sheriff's auction after someone left the car in a storage facility and didn't pay the bills. So no, no previous owners have ever approached me about buying it back, but lots of random people on the street have expressed interest in buying it.
Old December 13th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Justin

It happens from time to time. I recently bought a 65 44/ club coupe and it was in the family since 67 son didn’t have the skill or knowledge to fix it. He made the choice to sell it and regretting it as soon as it was done. He want to stay in tune with the car. I have no doubt that at a later date he is going to try and buy a finished car.