General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Salvage Yards SE Texas, Houston

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2015, 09:11 AM

Salvage Yards SE Texas, Houston

Anybody know of a salvage yard in or around the Houston area that has some classics in their inventory? I have called about a dozen and most specialize in imports or late model cars.

Thanks
Sean
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Car Nerd

I was in Houston yesterday and while this isn't exactly close, I did see a salvage yard on 19 south of Crockett but north of Huntsville. I did not stop so I don't exactly remember where between the two cities it was, but it is on the east side of the road and definitely has old cars. Maybe someone else can chime in with whether that is worth a visit or not. I did not catch the name of the place or address either, sorry. But I do remember lamenting about the lack of good classic boneyards about 30 seconds before I blasted past it. I was even pulling an empty car transport trailer!

edit: after finding it on google maps, it doesn't look like a yard but instead a private collection that is yard sized and full of old cars. I couldn't get an address but it is just south of Crockett on TX-19 and 4030. Sorry to get your hopes up, but who knows, the person may be selling.

Last edited by OldSoldier; February 17th, 2015 at 01:15 PM. Reason: found it on google maps