General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Sad, sad story

Search this Thread

Old December 18th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by Ranzan
Right and wrong and the justice system are 2 different things............
Wes, I think you misunderstand the "system". It is not a "justice system", it is a "legal system". That is why there isn't a correlation.
A common misconception.
Old December 18th, 2008, 11:05 AM
als.olds

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Super, yeah he isn't the only one I'm sure and I hope you guys can continue to enjoy the yard the brothers are running. Bus for storage, I have seen it before. Ideally, a little kerosene stove keeps it toasty in the winter!

als.olds, he probably already has paid. As someone quoted earlier, "what comes around...".
yes and that saying is true to.its a shame that there are people out there just waiting to sue some hardworking,good person.but it happeneds every day.
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Registered Luser

Thumbs down

Well...here in NY land of the LIBS, there aren't any yards left you can pick your own part in anyway, let alone any cars worth picking from. At least on LI. By the way, I heard the guy who got hurt his name was Ralph Nader!
Old December 19th, 2008, 04:39 AM

I PITY THE FOOL! Reminds me of an episode of Crossing Jordan, this jerk attorney was going to sue the medical examiners office because they thought he was dead, anyway he walks out the front door into the street and gets hit buy a big truck...dead, there some ruthless dirty SOB's out there
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:24 AM

The mom and pop wrecking yards are becoming a thing of the past. The new yards are recycling yards that sell parts, but are really in the business for the steel they can sell to buyers from other countries. This is another reason why "Classic Oldsmobile" is so important to the users so we can connect and help each other find and buy parts for our classic cars. Keep up the good work members and help each other where you can.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM

My friend says to blame the tree hugging greenies, guys, they want all our old "clunkers" crushed to recycle to make metal to build their Priuses and Volvos. "Birkenstock-wearing, granola-eating m*********ers", he calls them. Kinda funny, but sad that they have to attack something in order to feel good.

My friend also says that a recent study (if you can call '98 recent) took 250 cars from the model year 1968 and less than 1% of them failed smog. It also showed that if every motorized vehicle was on the road and running at the same time it wouldn't even come close to what is put out by manufacturing plants. So we actually pollute more by building new cars to replace old ones. Also have heard that an ice core drilled from a 10,000 year old glacier actually had greenhouse gases trapped in it. Kinda makes you wonder what the fuss about greenhouse gases and emissions is all about. As Bill Engvall would say, "Here's your sign, America!"
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by super88dan
We take lunch and hang out in the buses. The buses are used to store all the motor parts, etc. During the winter, in WI it gets pretty cold. But, with some common sense and a bus, you can spend quite a bit of time out in the yard.

BTW -- This reminds me of a situation my friend is in....... he monitors property for some folks who are fighting with their HOA and suing them under the RICO act. In order to protect their property and prevent trumped up charges and other government harrassment, they bought an old bus and converted it into a mobile security office. It houses computers and other various equipment to control surveillance cameras monitoring several different properties, as well as the lot that it is parked on.

Of course, the HOA has sued the property owner for having the security truck on his own property. Never mind that it is legally tagged, and even though the truck is registered in another county, he even got the local tax stickers! Still they complain and sue. I guess they have reason to, since their minions have been caught on camera vandalizing fixtures on the property, as well as cameras and even the truck itself. Can't have something around RECORDING them doing these things, that just wouldn't do, would it?

Last edited by m_tanner_75; December 22nd, 2008 at 06:06 PM.