General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Reproduction W27 Cover

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2018 | 03:49 PM

Reproduction W27 Cover

Going to buy a repro W27 cover. I was wondering if Fusick, OPGI and others, all carry the same cover or are there different manufactures. If anyone has seen what each has to offer and can make a suggestion as to which is better, I sure would appreciate it. Needs to be 12 bolt.
Old January 9th, 2018 | 05:28 PM

I have personally seen three styles of repops at Homecoming that were all made from different molds. The W on the one that Fusick sells looks terrible. I was told that they have fixed that but I don't know that myself. The "W-27" on the one that the OPGI, Parts Place and Supper cars unlimited sells don't look to bad but the overall color of that one don't look right at all. There is a third one but not sure who sells it, I liked it the best. If I had to pick and couldn't find the third style I seen. I would go with Supercars unlimited. You may have Fusick send you a picture of theirs current version, It could be the third style I seen.
Old January 9th, 2018 | 05:31 PM

As far as color goes on the repop cover, I would likely paint it anyway with the same thing you used on the housing. It would only need a very thin mist to blend the color.
Old January 9th, 2018 | 07:17 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Rick,

Look around the corner, Fusick repop cover.

Troy
Old January 10th, 2018 | 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Troys Toy 70
Rick,

Look around the corner, Fusick repop cover.

Troy
Duh, I guess I should have thought about that.
Old January 10th, 2018 | 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
I have personally seen three styles of repops at Homecoming that were all made from different molds. The W on the one that Fusick sells looks terrible. I was told that they have fixed that but I don't know that myself. The "W-27" on the one that the OPGI, Parts Place and Supper cars unlimited sells don't look to bad but the overall color of that one don't look right at all. There is a third one but not sure who sells it, I liked it the best. If I had to pick and couldn't find the third style I seen. I would go with Supercars unlimited. You may have Fusick send you a picture of theirs current version, It could be the third style I seen.
I forgot that Troy's car is at my buddy's body shop so I'll look at the Fusick cover on his.

Originally Posted by jensenracing77
As far as color goes on the repop cover, I would likely paint it anyway with the same thing you used on the housing. It would only need a very thin mist to blend the color.
Good idea
Old January 10th, 2018 | 06:20 PM
Once Olds Always Olds

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Rick
Duh, I guess I should have thought about that.
Sometimes, ya just need a nudge. 😜. As far as Eric’s comments, I didn’t know that there were that many repop castings. So, I cannot give you any comparison notes. I did remember something about earlier castings and later castings being different. You will need to let us know, and don’t worry if mine seams wonky, my father-in-law would say “just like the owner”. All I can say, it looked ok to me.