General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Ontario Shop Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old March 29th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Crazy Canuck

Ontario Shop Recommendations

Hey Guys,

I know there are a lot of guys from Ontario on the site so I thought I would ask it here.

So I have a short list of things that I need done to my `87 442 and was wondering if anyone in Ontario has any recommendations of places I could go for the below work. I know a lot of guys do their own work but these are above my skill and I don't want to mess things up and make things worse. I live just north of Barrie so anything south to GTA would be fine or anything within a couple hours is ok.
- Body work including paint job. The car doesn't require much body work and has no visible problems.
- Engine rebuild - Original 307 engine is in the car and "I" won't be taking it out
- Tranny Work - original trans is in it and again "I" won't remove it myself

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Wayne

Last edited by oldsca; March 29th, 2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: spellling
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:19 PM

Arrow Body work

Looking at your Avatar your car doesn't look like it needs that much done to it, but if you are interested in travelling down to as far as Alliston On. there's a Auto Body shop called Parliament auto body, where he has one building for Collision work and an other building specifically for Restorations of older cars and Classics. The guy who runs the shop is Rick and his phone number is 705) 435-5225. Good luck and post something here if this works for you.

The other items you mention could also be done there as well, as he has a fully functioning shop for your needs. Check him out as it's been a family run Business for over 40 years.
Old March 30th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Crazy Canuck

Thanks Cheque. Once I get the car out of winter storage I will make the trip the Alliston.

Thanks Again!

Wayne
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:51 AM
1971 442 convert

Hey Oldsca I think you have been on my site so you have seen the work from my body guy. If you are interested I can hook you up. I have been very very pleased with their work.
Old April 1st, 2010, 04:35 PM
Crazy Canuck

The shop you are using is doing an amazing job and it would be interesting to see what they say about my car. I have got at least 3 good recommendations from various guys so I can't wait to get the car out of storage and start getting advice and prices.