General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oldsmobile W-Machine Show Case @ MCACN V

Old November 25th, 2013, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by BILL DEMMER
"Theres a special feel in an Oldsmobile"...yours truly sitting in the Fouranado

Special Thanks to Fred and Collette, Bill and Diane!

bill
Old November 25th, 2013, 09:59 PM

Minutes later....Mr. Demmer was arrested for Grand Theft Auto! LOL!
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by RALLYE KID
TK-65 How do you justify that the car is not what it is by the window sticker. I talked to builder of the car for an hour and told me that the owners father bought it brand new in 1969 and even showed me pictures of the car sitting on the lot in 69 at the Oldsmobile dealership. The builder was very knowledgeable about the W cars and how they were built . Sounds like someone is jeoulous of someone on here.
Isnt it your car?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post515545
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:31 AM

Id say its your car that we are talking about.

Dash photo posted by you..

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post443235

matches the photo I took on Saturday.

Old November 26th, 2013, 04:47 AM

Yes that is Rallye Kids car!!! There is even a picture of him on here.I beleive its in the pics of the MCACN someone else posted in another thread. He is standing in front to the car.

Greg
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM

First off never seen such amazing pics of w- cars before in one place
Sadly not to say none were there but didn't see any 68 Ram Rods or 68 W-30 cars.
But nevertheless incredible pictures of Oldsmobile's

Also am I missing something here with this W-31, appears to be a great looking car but its not real??
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by dnmfranco
Sadly not to say none were there but didn't see any 68 Ram Rods or 68 W-30 cars.
none were there. no 70 W-31s either.

a Ram Rod was scheduled to be in the original owners showcase but had to cancel a couple weeks ago because the rear main seal went out.

a W-30 was selected, I think back in like March or May, but couldn't commit because he wasn't sure what the weather would be like. he doesn't have a trailer and would have had to drive the car there.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM

Okay that makes sense Ty for the info Dean
Old November 26th, 2013, 10:59 AM

Cut & Past info

Quote:
Looking forward in being in the W-Machine display and seeing all my olds buddies. It will be like a mini Oldsmobile nationals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashton
Hey Rallye Kid, I don't recognize you as being one of our participants in the W-Machines special display. Since the only Rally 350 we have in the show is the one we are giving away Saturday night for the Great American Muscle Car Giveaway March of Dimes raffle, just curious as to who you are.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you at the show!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Hey Bob not bringing my Rallye 350 its one of my other cars.

Quote:
Hey Bob not bringing my Rallye 350 its one of my other cars

OK...so who are you and what are you showing?

Note no answer was ever given to this question. Curious.

So may I ask who owns the blue 1969 sheep in wolfs' clothing?. Or is it obvious?

The documentation is clearly not original. The type font on that Jim Osborne sticker is nothing like the fonts on the original one for my 1969 442.

As Carlito would say "That's not cool!".
Old November 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Just to throw in my two cents worth, if this is about whether the window sticker is geniune or not, I would have to vote that it is not original. I am not an expert in window stickers, but I don't recall ever seeing one that has the number 3 with a flat top. They have always been rounded.
Old November 26th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Neither are original, the photos show two different stickers for the car.

My experience with the car is that it has some bogus paperwork.

rcktdocs experience is pretty self explanatory. He is the one that said a clone was at the show and has hands on knowledge of what car it is.

You can put the two together to figure it out.

Last edited by TK-65; November 26th, 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM

Well guys, I have to say that I feel terrible and that we are very sorry that the W-Machine show case, which came to fruition right here on this site, had an Oldsmobile with fake, reproduced paper work offered up as the real deal, especially from another member.

I don't personally know the car or the owner and while it is a very nice restoration had we known then what we know today, things would not have been represented as they were.

Thanks to the members who have called this out! In the future, if you think there is anything we need to know about a car invited to attend our show, just call it out.

Rcktdoc, there will be a pair of tickets for you at will call next year, gratis, if you should want them, just don't forget to remind me.

Let's not allow one bad apple to spoil the bushel!
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stefano
Well guys, I have to say that I feel terrible and that we are very sorry that the W-Machine show case, which came to fruition right here on this site, had an Oldsmobile with fake, reproduced paper work offered up as the real deal, especially from another member.

I don't personally know the car or the owner and while it is a very nice restoration had we known then what we know today, things would not have been represented as they were.

Thanks to the members who have called this out! In the future, if you think there is anything we need to know about a car invited to attend our show, just call it out.

Rcktdoc, there will be a pair of tickets for you at will call next year, gratis, if you should want them, just don't forget to remind me.

You have nothing to be sorry about. All you can do is vet the cars the best you can and sometimes they slip through. The experts @ B-J have been had by fake cars,so you're not alone. I wouldn't worry about it,it's a car show and you're doing the best you can @ putting it on. Congrats on a great show and I hope to make it someday.
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:27 PM
72 Olds CS

so for us regular joes unless you have the original paperwork you cannot authenticate a 69 w-31 much like any of the 70-72 442 w-30 cars is that true ?
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM

yeah, I saw the car and the window sticker, car looked great and I figured the window sticker was just added as a "cool" item. I thought I saw a few window stickers over the weekend. I'm sure a few were repos one looked like a copy of the real thing (I wouldn't have the real one anywhere near a car show). I guess a fake car claiming to be real is different but again if you looked at the W30s everyone of them were a bit different, after 43 years its hard to say what's correct and what's not. It was a great show.
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
so for us regular joes unless you have the original paperwork you cannot authenticate a 69 w-31 much like any of the 70-72 442 w-30 cars is that true ?

or a 68 or 70 W31
Old November 26th, 2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by RetroRanger
The biggest difference with trying to document 68-69 W30's or W31's is that in 68-69 the W designation wasn't on the Fisher Broadcast card. Short of a window sticker the broadcast sheet is the only way you can document them because little to none of the Lansing cars had build sheets. They started painting the whole cars including fenders at Fisher in 70 so the W shows on those broadcast cards
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:02 PM

more

Originally Posted by stevengerard
or a 68 or 70 W31
If it is an automatic then it will have a VIN matched JO code T350 which does prove it is a W-31 car. Four speeds need paperwork.
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:08 PM

my opinion

Absolutely no reason for you to feel badly. This is on the participant not you. Thanks again for your part in an awesome show. From the pics I can tell that it was well worth attending.
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by oldsmobiledave
If it is an automatic then it will have a VIN matched JO code T350 which does prove it is a W-31 car. Four speeds need paperwork.
True enough but......
Old November 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM

show

Are you kidding about feeling bad don't - that looked like it was an amazing show for all makes and models. No one can control people's behavior

next time invite my 31 lol, which honestly is not as nice as the clone.

I guess Gregg's the man

Dean
Old November 26th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Senior Moment Member

Regardless, it was a killer show. Too bad some people have to misrepresent a car to receive false accolades.
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:06 PM

Guys
One question was it a nice car or not? Geez these cars were nicer than any national Olds event i have ever been to. MCACN worked hard to put together an outstanding line up of cars. WHY do you people always focus on the negative?
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Senior Moment Member

In answer to that query, I would have to say that if they didn't have perfect, properly documented cars, the show would devolve into a World of Wheels sort of show. This is THE premiere event in the country. All the cars are either perfect, or are barn finds, etc. None are misrepresented to the public as a 1 of 1 when it isn't for instance. To lower the bar and accept just anything would do just that, lower the bar and ruin the show. My car could be in there as a 1 of 1. Because it is, after all. The negativity is focused where it should be. On the cars owner, not on the MCACN .
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM

mo

Originally Posted by allyolds68
I'm not a car show guy but I found out this summer that you have to have the top up to be judged. My top is always down
lol Mike missed this one, Mike refusing show edict priceless
oh money order went out sat if you can just let me know when u get it Dean
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:00 PM

That window sticker is not original, as has been pointed out, I have my '69 W31 original window sticker, and besides the obvious matrix printing, it is not formatted correctly. I am the third owner of my car, and bought it from owner number 2, who purchased it in 1971 from the original owner. I believe that TK65 has a copy of it, that I posted or sent from this site.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:26 PM

good point

Originally Posted by 442Fred
Guys
One question was it a nice car or not? Geez these cars were nicer than any national Olds event i have ever been to. MCACN worked hard to put together an outstanding line up of cars. WHY do you people always focus on the negative?

yeah to be honest that is true those cars were outstanding, and couldn't have been easy to pick !!!!!!!
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:28 PM

Curious

So...where is Rallye Kid today? Not like him to miss a good thread!
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by 442Fred
Guys
The issue is not if the car was nice or not.The issue was fraud. The car was never a W31 purchased by the owners father,Very few original parts from the Cutlass S that the father purchased were still there. The car also came up for sale a couple years ago being touted as an original W31. How would you feal if you purchased that car to find out later it wasnt what it was suppose to be? Then when confronted Rallye Kid has the audasity or Idiocy to say he talked to the original owner Who is himself!!!! I want no acalades,my only focus was to flush out a liar and fraud. Thanks

Greg

Last edited by rcktdoc; November 27th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Just the facts...

Originally Posted by Sparkman
Minutes later....Mr. Demmer was arrested for Grand Theft Auto! LOL!
well hell! it was worth it! lol

bill
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM

now whos like a woman.....?

you guys are like women never happy at leased you got pictures. I no there no the best but my battery was dieing

Last edited by marxjunk; November 27th, 2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Senior Moment Member

Awe crap. This is embarrassing.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Im gonna go grab a beer and make some pop corn this is getting good. Kinda like automotive jerry springer.
Old November 27th, 2013, 08:48 PM

YES Never said that the window sticker was an original window it was a copy of the original window sticker and when the person made it the first time and second time on the original paper to make it look more authentic he made a typo on the dealer code he put 10-5A2 INSTEAD OF 10-582. Having a copy of the window sticker or no window sticker doesn't make the car a clone.
If you have the original, then why wouldn't you make a color copy of that for your display? Why would you need a fake? Are you telling us that you did not offer up a copy of the fake window sticker as proof that your car was authentic?

For the record Just what on your car is original? Body? Frame? Engine? Trans? Rear?
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by stevengerard

.....There was a supposed survivor matador red 4-speed convertible W30 - sure looked authentically original to me. I took as many pictures as I could but didn't get any of the interior, me nor others ever saw the owner.
IMO it's the real deal and has a clean original interior as well.

Last edited by 70Post; November 27th, 2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:24 PM

I ask the moderator of ClassicOldsmobile.com to lock this thread
Why, because you were caught in a lie?
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:46 PM

last post.

Wow. Someone got caught with their pants down & continues to spin tales.

I am ashamed for you & I do not even know you. How Sad.

Time to move on to more important threads. We all know the truth.
Old November 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by coppercutlass
im gonna go grab a beer and make some pop corn this is getting good. Kinda like automotive jerry springer.

jer-ry jer-ry jer-ry
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

Old November 28th, 2013, 05:09 AM

YES pieces on this car where missing. My father used this car everyday in construction strapping ladders on the roof he used this car as a pickup. Drove it everyday in the rain and snow to him it was nothing more then transportation. Yes pieces and parts are going to brake and get replaced. By no means was this car a survivor. MR rcketdoc if you want to talk about fraud and dishonest we came talk about how you sold parts off of customers cars to pay for your rent but I wont go their because I have more class then that.MR TK-65 Never said that the window sticker was an original window it was a copy of the original window sticker and when the person made it the first time and second time on the original paper to make it look more authentic he made a typo on the dealer code he put 10-5A2 INSTEAD OF 10-582. Having a copy of the window sticker or no window sticker doesn't make the car a clone. Believe who or what you want Oldsmobile community I know what is it. You will always get someone that miserable on this sites and tries to get them on their side. I am done talking about this I will not respond to any more post on this thread way to busy for this. I ask the moderator of ClassicOldsmobile.com to lock this thread Thank you
You make up lies to cover your lies. In the first place I have never sold parts off customer cars. NEVER! That sounds like the story you told me about the body shop that you took the car to after you pulled it from my shop.That guy stole all your parts. There are only a hand full of parts original to your fathers car on the car that now exists.When you brought the car to me it was a Cutlass S, period.The car was junk, frame broke into pieces when the body was removed all body panels on the car except the hood were destroyed by rust. I located a complete body and frame from South Dakota that I took you out there to buy.I made the suggestion to you to put W31 parts on the car.I also told you you could not try to misrepresent the car as being original.I also found the NOS scoops you put on the car,and W31 balancer. You added and installed all these and any and ALL other parts to CLONE this car into a W31. That window sticker isnt even correct,in 69 Oldsmobile didnt code body color with number codes it coded them with Letter codes EE not 51 51 these codes can be found on factory Dealer literature and the assembly manual.The Y73 Rallye hood strip was the option for a 442 It was a double pin stripe. Not the full W31/W30 full patch stripe.
You are a liar cheat and FRAUD End of discussion.

Greg Godon

Last edited by rcktdoc; November 29th, 2013 at 05:40 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oldsmobile W-Machine Show Case @ MCACN V