General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Okay....new thread about burning Vegetable oil in diesels,,,,

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2010, 06:06 PM

Okay....new thread about burning Vegetable oil in diesels,,,,

I'll go ahead and start a new thread about this deep and quite smelly topic. I run 2 vehicles off veggie oil. I had much success with both my kits and have logged many, many miles. The best by far is my 81 Merz 300SD with a Greasecar.com Kit that sits where the spare tire is OEM in the trunk. I firmly believe that heated oil systems are the easiest and best way to go. I have well over 600 gallons in excess of WVO (waste vegetable oil) oil in my upper garage so I am set when oil prices push pass $4 a gallon. I run a 99 Ford F-350 with a veggietanks.com kit in it and it holds 30 gallons. It runs pretty close on performance due to the performanc up grades done to the Navistar 7.3 (best diesel engine ever built without a doubt) I haul 2 4lb convertbile oldses on my goosebeck trailer. I smell like chicken when I go by and you'll know whats burning under the hood. Don't blame me when you roll into Chik-Fil-A > there is a really good website to explain in detail different systems and pros and cons of every system at plantdrive.com Anybody interested in digging into this subjecy go ahead and speak your mind I'll try to answer any questions and other burners that might be lurking out there (we are quite stealthlike due to federal road tax abuses) but we are out amongst you lurking. So sound off guys. Oldsdroptop (admitted law breaker and smelly veggie driver and proud of it)