General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Oil Filler decal

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Oil Filler decal

I've noticed that all the repro decals for the oil filler tube are done in a red lettering; and truth be told, that's what I bought to bring some of the "original" provenance back to my car when I was detailing some of the engine compartment.

While browsing through the web, I ran across an original 442 with factory oil filler decal, and it wasn't red. It was black lettering with other smaller codes that mean something from the factory?? Anyway, the owner is currently reproducing the "proper" black and white decals with the GM codes that are supposed to go with it. I bought one for my 72 Cutlass with a QN code.

Look at what this decal looks like. If any of you are interested in the guys name LMK. I'll post a link that you can use to get a hold of him. If he doesn't have your decal (like in my case) he researches the car to find the proper codes and then produces the decal. I'm 150% happy with the decal I got. BTW, his price is very reasonable - 15.00 + 1.oo for shipping.

I'm planning on taking a picture of my car with the red decal on, then with the black one. I already know which one is going to stay on the car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1972 engine decal.jpg (476.1 KB, 18 views)
Old July 2nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The "new look"

Ok, I couldn't wait. Went down to the car and ripped off that old red one. For all you who have bought the red one....they stick on pretty good.

Anyway, here's what the decal looks like on the car. Maybe I should have waited till I could get the car out and also clean up the filler tube a little. But I really wanted to see how this would turn out, and I do have a spare decal.

Before ......................After
Attached Images
IMG_0906.JPG (87.3 KB, 29 views)
IMG_0909.JPG (72.6 KB, 22 views)
IMG_0911.JPG (58.2 KB, 33 views)
Old July 4th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Captain of my ship

After

The after pic is the better decal and more than likely the correct type for the car.Looks good