General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

new guy

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2019, 10:57 PM

new guy

hi guys,i noticed that there is a new guy recently in the group. he didn't write in the nubie section,and he kind of hangs in the want/sale ads. his name is rocketscientis. he is chris witts brother jon. his typing is a little hard to understand,but he does have a ton of olds and parts, ive been there, ive seen them.welcome to the site jon.
Old November 27th, 2019, 02:46 AM

Spoke with him the other day by phone as well. I thought he was an old timer here (Im a newb as well), and he seemed like a character! We had several deep seated laughs about world conditions with pacific rim manufacturing and even some boat stuff. Enjoyed talking with ya Jon(sp?)... prisoner, show yourself! ws

Old November 27th, 2019, 04:55 AM

I think Jon is who has been selling Olds stuff around here on Craigslist. A bunch of Olds parts cars. Actually I think the 2 brothers used to do a small business dealing in Olds parts. I remember they would have a spot at swap meets and hand out flyers with parts they had for sale and wanted to buy Olds stuff. I think I sold a 73 Olds 88 to Chris and his brother way back in about 1986. They wanted the 455 out of it. I saw the name Rocket Scientis on here and at first thought was a old thread cuz Chris's name was Rocket Scientist. Welcome to Jon. Such a tragedy about Chris- he is missed....
Old November 28th, 2019, 06:42 PM

yep jon is a character,nice guy.county has been getting on him about the cars since chris passed away. ive walked his yard,all I can do is shake my head,never seen so many olds waiting to give their life for another. pretty fair with his prices. yes he is the one on craigslist,usually gives a bogus location for some reason. kind of like chris did with his phone number.