General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Need help with pulleys 72' Cutlass 442

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2010, 06:23 AM

Need help with pulleys 72' Cutlass 442

I am doing a complete restoration on my 72' Cutlass. It is a 350 4 bbl with an aluminum intake and aluminum short shaft water pump. I am having problems with the pulley that goes on the water pump. The shop that is doing the work took my old engine as a core, and built me a new one. Somewhere along the line the pulleys went missing. Can someone please tell me what pulley I need, and does anyone have one that may work. The car is a 350 no air with power steering. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe
Old August 17th, 2010, 07:20 AM

The shop needs to find the old ones or buy you some. That is just bad business losing stuff like this. Any shop that is doing a engine swap knows you need to keep all the brackets and pulleys.

Last edited by 70 cutlass s; August 17th, 2010 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Better choice of words.
Old August 17th, 2010, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 70 cutlass s
The shop needs to find the old ones or buy you some. That is just bad business losing stuff like this. Any shop that is doing a engine swap knows you need to keep all the brackets and pulleys.
I agree, and talked with the owner today. They will reimburse for the pulley's, and he feels terrible they lost them. Things happen, and this is the first incident I have had. I just hate it when you change the intake and waterpump then its a battle to get things to line up. It is also frustrating that the car is very close to being done, but stupid little stuff keeps popping up. I was hoping to have it done for the Woodward Dream Cruise....That aint happening...Maybe it will be done for the Santa Claus Parade in December...lol!