General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Might have to sell a Cutlass

Search this Thread

Old November 16th, 2016 | 11:35 AM
Smash

Might have to sell a Cutlass

I currently own two 72 Cutlass s was in the middle of restoring Cut1 when another Cutlass became available for a great price. This one was also running and drivable. Now I'm restoring Cut2 mostly because it has a purring 350 which keeps me motivated to keep working. My biggest problem has been time. I find myself getting out to the garage around 9pm ready for bed at 11 so at this pace it would take a lifetime to finish both. Hate to do it but I could really use the space. It would free up an entire bay for working on Cut2. I thought about pushing Cut1 out in the cold with a top quality cover just haven't had the heart. Like them clean and garage kept. So I'm on the fence, it would be nice to see someone restore Cut1 in this decade as I doubt it would be me. It's not a money thing it's more of a common sense thing. I'm 55 in construction all my life so I'm really 65 so how long can I keep restoring. Time to start enjoying there will always be an upgrade here and there to keep me busy with Cut2
Someone talk me out of it cause it has never entered my mind to sell anything until just now.
Old November 16th, 2016 | 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by smash72
I currently own two 72 Cutlass s was in the middle of restoring Cut1 when another Cutlass became available for a great price. This one was also running and drivable. Now I'm restoring Cut2 mostly because it has a purring 350 which keeps me motivated to keep working. My biggest problem has been time. I find myself getting out to the garage around 9pm ready for bed at 11 so at this pace it would take a lifetime to finish both. Hate to do it but I could really use the space. It would free up an entire bay for working on Cut2. I thought about pushing Cut1 out in the cold with a top quality cover just haven't had the heart. Like them clean and garage kept. So I'm on the fence, it would be nice to see someone restore Cut1 in this decade as I doubt it would be me. It's not a money thing it's more of a common sense thing. I'm 55 in construction all my life so I'm really 65 so how long can I keep restoring. Time to start enjoying there will always be an upgrade here and there to keep me busy with Cut2
Someone talk me out of it cause it has never entered my mind to sell anything until just now.
Well I don't intend to talk you out of it lol I say sell it. If you don't have the time or motivation then it seems to me it's just going to sit. I would suggest getting some numbers together on a sale price and post it. Or post pics of the car in this thread to have some of the other guys tell you what you should. I guess it really depends on how much work is involved if you should keep it or sell it. And pics would help determine that.
Old November 17th, 2016 | 06:08 PM

If C 1 is a U code car with the original 455 that would be nice to see IMO. Pictures would definitely be in order. We love eye candy.
Old November 21st, 2016 | 02:37 PM
Smash

Yea I wish if that were the case I'd be working on Cut1 not Cut 2 I'm not worried about trying to sell I think that wouldn't be too difficult. I guess my real question is what do you think the value will be say in the next 5 to 7 yrs ? The last ten have been a nice boom if we can expect the same in the next ten I will just sit tight. She's garage kept with a cover. 455 is on the stand currently but most rust proofing and underneath has been done, body needs paint only no rot, custom 3" exhaust, and has a custom black and white interior. I will get to those pics when I can she's loaded with parts I've been collecting right now. There are some pics on my first album when I first bought the car. (I believe the PO was doing a hurst clone)but I have got a couple hundred labor hours in since those pics were taken.