General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Love is in the air

Search this Thread

Old February 11th, 2010, 04:02 PM

Talking Love is in the air

Distributor and digital guages for V-day. I think she's coming around lol. My wife called me today and asked "what car part do you want for V-day?". I know its early but is anyone else getting parts for v-day?
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:41 PM

If my wife even suggested getting me a car part let alone actually buying it. I would fall over dead where I stand from shock. Would never enter her mind. Your a lucky man
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:47 PM

Very lucky!
Old February 11th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Registered

Vista Day already here??

Guys actually get gifts for Valentine's Day??

Maybe on the Superman Bizarro planet.
Old February 11th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

I've bought Larry gifts before! He used to go overboard & get me flowers and chocolates and sometimes jewelry too. I had to tell him it was too much... "isn't that what women want?" Maybe his ex did, but not me! It's nice, but I'd rather have him buy and plant a rose bush that will last for years, then to spend a lot of money on cut flowers that will be dead in a few weeks. I know he loves me... he works hard every day, and does his best to provide for us, and that's more important and means more than a card and chocolates, to me! He spoils me, I gotta admit - but I spoil him too, so it works!!

I ordered us one of these Edible Arrangements for Valentines Day! The fruit is so good, and we all enjoy it and it's healthy!

Old February 12th, 2010, 05:11 AM

Sandy,

I'm gonna make one of those out of Bacon
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:20 AM

LOL! I actually ordered my grandmother one of those. There more expensive than i thought though, but i've never seen one in person. I was supprised to get the call about the parts though. I usually get clothes or cologne or a gift card somewhere. But i always go all out we usually take the weekend and go travel somewhere near but secluded
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Cutlass Lover

Sandy,

I'm gonna make one of those out of Bacon

NOOOOOOO..... Be strong Jamesbo...... Don't do it!!!! I can just see little link sausages sticking up, and little pancakes with a fried tater chunks speared to them.... Oh Lord!!!!
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Charlie_brown
LOL! I actually ordered my grandmother one of those. There more expensive than i thought though, but i've never seen one in person. I was supprised to get the call about the parts though. I usually get clothes or cologne or a gift card somewhere. But i always go all out we usually take the weekend and go travel somewhere near but secluded

Well it sounds like you're going to have a good time!!! And car parts to boot! Aahhh... Life is good! I like getting parts. I have the Mother's Day list going already!

The Edible Arrangements are expensive, but around here this time of year trying to get fruit that actually tastes like fresh fruit is almost impossible, and expensive at the fruit markets anyhow. So it's worth the cost. Already cleaned and sliced! They have some nice arrangements - I've gotten them for birthday's and receptions and such. I don't care for the fruit dipped in chocolate. I get so hungry for fresh fruit in the winter.... I'm gonna have Jamesbo send me peaches this summer!!!

"I dig you Georgia peaches.... makes me feel right at home"
Old February 12th, 2010, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.. I'm gonna have Jamesbo send me peaches this summer!!!

"I dig you Georgia peaches.... makes me feel right at home"
Well as long as you drug it up.

You ain't ever really had a good peach. Cause the best is Belle of Georgia. It's an ole timey White Freestone Peach [dont' ask google it up] and if you look at them they brusie. They can't be shipped worth a Tinker's Hooray.

But the flavor and aroma is unbeleiveable.

Speaking of August and Peaches. [When it hot at nite] Next time you're gonna make some homemade peach ice cream, Try making it with some cream soda. Yummy

There we got off Luv and VD and back onto FOOD.
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:25 AM

Ah food, the center of the universe, right Jamsbo.
Old February 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Well as long as you drug it up.

You ain't ever really had a good peach. Cause the best is Belle of Georgia. It's an ole timey White Freestone Peach [dont' ask google it up] and if you look at them they brusie. They can't be shipped worth a Tinker's Hooray.

But the flavor and aroma is unbeleiveable.

Speaking of August and Peaches. [When it hot at nite] Next time you're gonna make some homemade peach ice cream, Try making it with some cream soda. Yummy

There we got off Luv and VD and back onto FOOD.

Well....... you can send me some other kind of peach! I'll have my old boy-toy Marc bring me some of those Belle of Georgia peaches when he drives back here late summer!!

We have some freestone peach trees planted in the back yard - I don't remember the names right off hand... hard to keep the friggin deer away from our fruit trees. It got one little peach on it last year, but it never developed fully. It was so cute! I lovvvee good juicy peaches! And nectarines too.... My favorite Yoplait yogurt is the Harvest Peach.... big chunks of peaches in it.... yummmmmmmm I have to hide it from Nicole, or I don't get any!!! It's her favorite too!

Larry bought an ice cream maker last year... we made strawberry ice cream and it was good! You'll have to give me the recipe and we will try it! Sounds wonderful!!