General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Looking for pictures

Search this Thread

Old November 27th, 2018, 05:07 PM

Looking for pictures

Looking for pictures of a 1972 Cutlass Supreme. Sunfire yellow with white vinyl top and SSIII wheels with white interior, split bench , auto on column. Reason: That was my first car when my wife and I were married and all I have found is pictures of it wrecked. I will post those pictures when I figure how to scan them into my computer. In the mean time, some pics would help my pain. PS. Our first Cutlass was wrecked by a drunk driver parked on the street during the night while we slept in June of 1974. The terrible irony of the whole thing is the UNINSURED driver sold insurance for Allstate at the local Sears store at the time, and my insurance totalled the car out and we never saw it again.I would like to somehow find out if it was rebuilt or crushed. Don't feel bad for me cuz we bought a 71 Mustang Boss 351 blue and silver which the engine blew up in less than a week after we got it. Nope no pics of that either, but don't care. It is a Ford after all, don't think I was in my right mind then. Then bought a 1974 Elcamino. The story goes on and I will get the wrecked ones posted.
Old November 27th, 2018, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by yellowone
Our first Cutlass was wrecked by a drunk driver parked on the street during the night while we slept in June of 1974. The terrible irony of the whole thing is the UNINSURED driver sold insurance for Allstate at the local Sears store at the time, and my insurance totalled the car out and we never saw it again.I would like to somehow find out if it was rebuilt or crushed.
This happened nearly 45 years ago? It will be all but impossible to find out what happened to the car after this much time. If you have the car's VIN, you can try searching at various state DMV websites to see if a car with that VIN has a current title in that state. There is no national database with such information as automobile registration records are kept at the state level. So you will have to search state by state, probably starting with the state the car was last known to be in. But don't expect to find it. In 1974, a 1972 automobile was just a two-year-old used car and nothing of any great importance as '72s were readily available on used car lots. No one would have thought it economically viable to bring a totaled car back from the dead. The car was most likely scrapped.
Old November 27th, 2018, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by yellowone
Looking for pictures of a 1972 Cutlass Supreme. Sunfire yellow with white vinyl top and SSIII wheels with white interior, split bench, auto on column.
How about this one? I don't know if it matches 100%, but it's yellow with a white vinyl top and looks to have a white interior.

https://gmphotostore.com/1972-oldsmo...upreme-poster/

Old November 27th, 2018, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by jaunty75
How about this one? I don't know if it matches 100%, but it's yellow with a white vinyl top and looks to have a white interior.

https://gmphotostore.com/1972-oldsmo...upreme-poster/

This is in interesting car. Looks like 72 front end, 70 sport mirrors, chrome trim from neither year and a photoshopped vinyl top?