General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Longest trip in your Oldsmobile

Search this Thread

Old July 18th, 2012, 05:43 AM

Now, I'm not sure how many miles I logged on this trip, but here it goes...

1966 Dynamic 88 Convertible 425
Blue with tan top

1999...I was headed to San Francisco, Ca for school. I started in Cave In Rock, IL and drove up to Champaign, IL to pick up my a buddy who agreed to ride along since it was summer and he had no school. That's 4hrs of driving time right there. Then we drove to Denver, CO(where I had the brakes done). We picked up a friend and drove up to Grand Tetons in Wyoming for a quick hike and some camping. Then to Reno...went to the Mustang Ranch, gambled...lost, and then on to the SF bay area for school.

I drove this car everyday, back and forth from across the bay bridge from SF to Emeryville for classes. I drove over and picked up my 5'10" blonde model friend who lived in the Mission district and needed a ride...I'm not shitting you.

Everyone said I'd have trouble finding parking in the city...but, I never did. Spaces actually opened up in right in front most of the time.

I drove around the Bay area alot while I was there that year. North over the Golden Gate exploring up there a bit. South to LA and San Diego to see a friend.

One time I actually forgot to put on my gas cap and took off...going up hill in SF. Gas gushing out all over the street. Car full o'hippies drove up on me ******* cussing and shaking their fists...lol holy **** that was funny.

Anyway, after a year of school I moved to Denver. Then back to Illinois after about six months later.

On the way out, I had the top down all but about an hour in Missouri when it rained. I had two friends with me, everything I owned was in the trunk, and I had just graduated college the year before.

I'm getting ready to do a full restoration on the car....it needs it.
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by MrZutphen
One time I actually forgot to put on my gas cap and took off...going up hill in SF. Gas gushing out all over the street. Car full o'hippies drove up on me ******* cussing and shaking their fists...lol holy **** that was funny.
HAHAHA that is too funny. An already gas thirsty car cruising down the road while spewing gas out at the same time LOL

Hope to see some pics of your restoration in progress.