General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

junk yard in wi.

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:00 AM

Post junk yard in wi.

Has anyone heard of this junkyard in Camp Douglus Wi. this guy has a lot of old stuff sitting around dont think he knows what hes got out there. Did find some old oldsmobiles there. Its a shame some of it just rusting away lot of walking to find what u want. Did find some stuff for my 63 starfire but the only one out there not much left of it
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:50 AM

Where is that in WI and did they have any parts for a 66 Dynamic?
Old October 3rd, 2011, 07:56 AM

I've been there multiple times, mostly to look around because he has a strange way of negotiating. He was trying to get me to pull the parts one day before he would give me a price. A buddy of mine was with and made the mistake of doing it, then the owner started in with the make me an offer tactic. So then of course the offer is too low, then he throws out a price that was what you would expect to pay on ebay.

There is a lot of cool stuff there, but I think there is a reason, his prices are simply too high and he seems to have no motivation to sell anything. Which is a shame, there were at one time some very restorable cars out there. I remember a mostly complete '70 Super Bee that was restorable before sinking into the ground. I also remember a time I called him for an exhaust manifold for a '68 Wildcat and he wanted $150 for one. That was probably 12 years ago.

I have nothing against the guy, he was decent enough aside from his prices and negotiating style. It is an awesome place to go and look, but plan on a full day if you want to see it all. Bring a camera, there are a lot of interesting photo ops. Sadly at some point all of this stuff if probably going to get crushed, I don't believe the current owner crushes anything, but who knows what will happen after he is too old to run things.

The name of the place is Chase Auto Salvage