General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What is it worth???

Search this Thread

Old October 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM

What is it worth???

I have an immaculate 67 Cutlass Supreme Convertible that I am in the process of doing an LS3 Conversion on. I have the following parts that are in perfect condition and I'm sure hard to find. I have NO CLUE what they are worth, so I hoping to get an idea, before I list them for sale.
  1. Complete perfectly running 330 High Compression 320 HP Jetfire with 2 speed transmission.
  2. Complete set of 14x7 SS1 Chrome Rally Wheels with center caps & white letter tires, great shape.
  3. Complete AC System, perfect condition.
  4. Steering column & steering wheel. Perfect condition.
EVERYTHING WORKS, IS IN MINT CONDITION & IS STILL IN THE CAR. ANY INFORMATION OR PRICE IDEAS WILL HELP. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:17 AM

LS3, nice!

Sounds like a nice project. There is a non-Olds powered section to these forums, keep us updated on the progress in there. We love pics.

Hopefully some of these guys can help you out with the values you are looking for without giving you a hard time for doing what YOU want with YOUR car.

Last edited by Bill in NC; October 2nd, 2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
car guy

Motor and trans $600.00-700.00 ish
wheels $400.00 ish
column and wheel $100 unless a wood sport wheel
a/c system 300ish

The motor will be the hardest to get rid of. My 60K mile highly detailed 330 from my 66 took several months to get any bites at 900.00 OBO price. I never ended up selling it to build the 455 because plans changed and I sold the car.

Post some pics of your build but make sure to keep any LS parts of it I the non-olds powered section.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by kanner1
I have an immaculate 67 Cutlass Supreme Convertible I am in the process of doing an LS3 Conversion on.

I have the following parts that are in perfect condition.

Complete perfectly running 330 High Compression 320 HP Jetfirewith 2 speed transmission.

Complete AC System, perfect condition.

Steering column & steering wheel. Perfect condition.

EVERYTHING WORKS, IS IN MINT CONDITION
Then I am absolutely not understanding why you're pulling this stuff and butchering the car. I'm sure you can justify it in your own world, but pulling perfectly good Oldsmobile components just to jump on the "modern drivetrain" bandwagon makes no sense to hardcore Oldsmobile people like me.

Listen to Richard and the others and make sure you keep this in non-Oldspowered, because if you're out of that realm you are fair game.
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM

If you can get anywhere near 300 bux for the A/C stuff, light a candle in church I've tried selling mine for 3 years...
Old October 2nd, 2011, 12:53 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by dc2x4drvr
If you can get anywhere near 300 bux for the A/C stuff, light a candle in church I've tried selling mine for 3 years...
Its been a couple years but I sold 2 sets on EBAY. One went for about 350.00 and the other around 290.00
Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:16 PM

I think the 1964-67 AC parts are much harder to find than the 1968-72 setups. But in this economy anything short of the uber rare parts will still mean finding the right person at the right time to sell at more than bargain prices.

Are you counting on the funds from selling these parts to do your project? If so, I'd only plan on about:

Engine/transmission $350
Rally wheels/tires $400
AC system $150
Steering wheel/column $75

Thats a standard style wheel with non-tilt column shift, typical cracks in the steering wheel. There's no demand for a used 2 speed, and most people will use a 350 rather than the 330 if they want a small block. I'm not trying to be negative, but if you need these funds for the project plan for the lower prices and hopefully you'll get more. John
Old October 2nd, 2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks so much for all the feedback. And no I do not need to sell to fund the build, just to help recoop some of the $$ spent.
Out of respect to the hardcore olds guys who are pissed at me...I have had 4 other Olds 442's in the past all mondello built 455's so I'm not a hater!! This car was bought specifically for a 800-1,000 hp Twin Turbo convertible pro touring cruiser. Just cant do that the same way with the olds motor...sorry
Old October 2nd, 2011, 02:54 PM
car guy

hater!! This car was bought specifically for a 800-1,000 hp Twin Turbo convertible pro touring cruiser.
You are not allowed to post anything else until you share more on this build
Old October 2nd, 2011, 03:04 PM

gearheads78....small world!!! Believe it or not your old red 66 was the inspiration for my build. Your car is actually my screensaver!!! I was seconds away from buying a 65 Jetstar to do like Clay's (I think thats his name) but I found pics of yours and decided to go with the convertible as I live near the beach! Mine is Champagne/Black. The body & interior will remain perfect factory original. Wheels will be here tomorrow already have the drivetrain. Would love to chat more about suspension mods that you used. Please shoot me your email or contact me at stevenkanner@yahoo.com
Old October 3rd, 2011, 08:12 AM
car guy

gearheads78....small world!!! Believe it or not your old red 66 was the inspiration for my build. Your car is actually my screensaver!!! I was seconds away from buying a 65 Jetstar to do like Clay's (I think thats his name) but I found pics of yours and decided to go with the convertible as I live near the beach! Mine is Champagne/Black. The body & interior will remain perfect factory original. Wheels will be here tomorrow already have the drivetrain. Would love to chat more about suspension mods that you used. Please shoot me your email or contact me at stevenkanner@yahoo.com
I pretty much picked up the phone and called Marc at SC&C. I followed his advise and was very pleased with the results. So what wheels are you using. You can email me any time gearheads78 at verizon dot net