General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

installing a remote starter

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM

installing a remote starter

i know everybody may be wondering why i would put a remote starter on a carburetd motor well im curious on how it will perform i was hooping there would be someonewith a lil knowledge on how to get me started on how to install it you know a lil step by step details i knowsome people are saying it will never work but it is worth a try
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Go to best buy and get a kit! The problem you will have is on a carb'd engine, there is a sequence of events to start one. Good luck!
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:20 PM

Really bad idea on a carburated car, and best not bother trying. Consider, you need to pump the gas pedal to set the choke and give a primer shot. Plus, if the car's been sitting for days with the carb bowels emptied, could take some cranking for the mechanical fuel pump to fill things up again. Think I've come closest to what you're wanting. My car has a rear mounted electric fuel pump, with a dash mounted off switch when parking, and a remote alarm/entry system. Could just quickly walk outside to start it, and remotely lock it. If doing an install like this, get the cars chassis wiring diagram.
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM

If you can figure out how to make it pump the gas peddle once it should work, if your car starts easy.
Old May 20th, 2012, 01:25 PM

well my car is tuned pretty good and i dont usually have to pump the gas to get it to start but i undrestand whats being said about that pumping the gas theory i have a solution for that already all i want is for someone who has installed 1 before to tell me steps on how to hook it up i already have a kit im just looking for some quick directions. Some may feel it a stupid idea but i like the thought of having a carbureted motor that can be cranked with a remote while other guys have to get in there car crank it and turn tyhe air on i can just leave my air on remotely crank it and my air will automatically come on and be cooling my car, where others will have to sit in a hot car and wait for it to get cool so again is there anyone who can direct me in the right direction with a few pointers?