General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

How do i tell the missus

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2011, 02:07 AM

Unhappy How do i tell the missus

Last Friday i went into hospital for a day procedure. I needed my 5 yearly Colonoscopy and at the same time they were doing an endoscopy, so one up the ar## and the other one down the throat and when they meet half way they shake hands. Anyway, they give you what they call twilight sedation, this means that you are awake but cant remember anything. So this all went down in the afternoon. I can remember what happened before the opp but not what happened during or after. So i cant remember coming home, only waking up the next morning. My wife says that i was quite awake and lucid.
So here is the problem, i must have gone on the computer that night and ordered parts off the parts place which i cant remember. If it was only a small order it wouldn't be a problem but i ordered over $600 worth of parts. Now i have to somehow tell the missus.
Any suggestions on a way out of this?
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:31 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Simple problem....It's all her fault!

You,were under the influence of prescribed drugs. She should have kept an eye on you to make sure you were not involved in any important money matters while under the influence.

problem solved
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:34 AM
same but different

Tell her the truth and nothing but the truth. She might understand....and carry some blame for you.

Don't do that again.
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:13 AM
Administrator

Only $600!!!!! LOL, what were you thinking!
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:29 AM

well I would go with the "ITS WHAT THE DR ORDERED" Then there is the counter order get her a nice piece of bling like a arm charm or who know's
what she like's you can get a nice watch maybe a afternoon trip to the spa
get it before the parts come then give them to her at the same time
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:05 AM

At least it wasn't $600 worth of **** - that would be a lot harder to explain!
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:29 AM

Don't problems like these get solved by someone getting sued? After all, it seems to be the American way these days.

This is why the medical profession will always tell you not to sign any contracts for at least 24 hours after being sedated. Maybe they need to ammend that advice to include having people stay off their computers.

At least you remembered and it could have been much worse. Imagine if you had ordered a big blow up doll or something and didn't remember and the wife opened the package. And then the trouble started.........
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:38 AM

So.... were they parts you actually need, or want? I'd be afraid I ordered parts for a 455 dream when all I have are small blocks!

Don
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin

You,were under the influence of prescribed drugs. She should have kept an eye on you to make sure you were not involved in any important money matters while under the influence.

problem solved
HA! Go with this one lol........good luck man.
Old July 31st, 2011, 08:55 AM

Remember that private talk we had and you were going to order those parts for me and pay for them so I would have to pay customs....have the arrived yet?

Old July 31st, 2011, 08:59 AM

Thanks for remembering to PayPal me the money that I didn't lend you. Now, I can also order $1000 worth of parts.

Possibly you should check out the website that is advertised at the top of this page...
Colonoscopy For Dummies®
Your Colonoscopy Questions Answered

Download Colonoscopy For Dummies®.

ColonoscopyForDummies. com
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:10 AM

Just own up to it and be done with the problem. After 44 years of marriage I have concluded it is the easier way. I always remind her that I cannot afford to go drinking with my buddies because I spend my money on car parts and stay home all the time. Works for me
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:50 PM

So i thought i would be nice and suck up to her, you know, do the dishes, put the toilet seat down, the cap back on the tooth paste. I even got her some flowers from our garden, how was i supposed to know that they were weeds, at least they had a flower on them, shucks there is no pleasing some people. Anyway how smart are these women, she knew straight away that some thing was up. I started saying that nothings up. Well what a mistake that was. You should have seen the different emotions going on, she's looking at me like I'm an imbecile, then gets mad, then when i still don't tell her she get all teary thinking I'm cheating on her with some other woman. Gosh are they from another planet or what! You see this is the master plan that i have worked out. Get her thinking the worst case scenario then surprise her with what actually happened. SO that's what i did. She acted fine, to fine for my liking. I could see those evil little glances she was giving me when she thought i wasn't looking, and i know that this episode is going to be noted in her little book of revenge, so that years later she can bring it up again and make me feel like this tiny sniveling piece of human excrement.
WHY WHY do we do it to ourselves?
Old July 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM

A bad day at work is still better than a good day with the wife...
Old July 31st, 2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin

problem solved
X2
If not: Some say, "It is easier to ask forgiveness, then to ask for permission."
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM

x2 on the easier to ask forgiveness than permission. A few years ago I went and bought a new snowmobile without telling her... When I went to pick it up, she asked me why we didn't discuss this purchase. I told her I did but she wasn't there.
Old July 31st, 2011, 04:20 PM

The drug you were given was most likely Versed. Also called midazolam. The drug does cause amnesia, but generally only while you are "under" that asleep from it. Usually, when you wake the drug's strength is too weak to cause the annesia effect - though it is not impossible I suppose. Better hope the W doesn't google it!!!!!
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by 442_Mustang
x2 on the easier to ask forgiveness than permission. A few years ago I went and bought a new snowmobile without telling her... When I went to pick it up, she asked me why we didn't discuss this purchase. I told her I did but she wasn't there.

That a great one 442 mushstain i mean mustang
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM

It's not really your fault.

What parts did you order
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:59 PM
Senior Moment Member

If you make the dough around there tell her you ordered the parts and that is the end of it. I've brought home some pretty nice cars that way. Once she said, "The insurance cards are here for the Cutlass. Cutlss? Do we own a Cutlass?" I said we do now. It's in the garage out back. It's real nice, go have a look see. She mumbled under her breath but that was it. I am a faithful loving husband. What more can a girl ask for.
Old July 31st, 2011, 07:02 PM

The mustang is long gone . Sold a couple years ago. But now I picked up a 71 Nova that will be big block powered some time soon. I didnt tell the wife about that one either. Had it almost a year before i broke that one to her. My olds will never go though. Had it since 84.
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Registered Thread Killer

Um, so how did your checkup turn out?
Old August 1st, 2011, 02:10 PM
CQR

How do I tell the missus.

I just went through this dilemma at the end of May. I had to figure out how to tell her I bought the 67 in my Avatar. I sat her down and asked if she was ready for a road trip. Then ordered the plane tickets... Now shes a little upset cuz we can't take the car out to breakfast on Sundays, because I have it tore apart in the garage.
Old August 1st, 2011, 03:00 PM

Should have ordered them from OPG.That way you never would have been charged for them because you never would ever get them.They'd be out of stock! Take That OPG!