General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Houston Texans!!! WooHoo!!!

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM

Houston Texans!!! WooHoo!!!

Such a great pre-season! I can't wait for the regular season to start...

For all the football fans, who's your favorite team and how are they doing so far (record)?

Oops...meant to post in Clubhouse...mods, can you move please?
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM

Enjoy your team, hope they do well for you. Only want to let you know as a 49 fan, we make all teams look good.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Senior Moment Member

Da Bears have a quarterback named Hanie. He looked like Mr. Hanie from Green Acres. Last night he threw the pig instead of the pigskin. 80 yd td return intercept.
Old August 28th, 2011, 04:58 PM

I know the 49ers aren't doing well...but we're 3 for 3 in the preseason. Usually preseason winners are regular season losers but our defense has suffered greatly the past few years. Its nice to see them making plays and leading the NFL in sacks and forced fumbles.

I almost lost it last night when Matt Schaub threw a pick 6 in the first 4 minutes of the game. But they made up for it beating the 49ers 30-7. The only score they made was off of Shaub's interception.
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:11 PM

See if you can guess by my user name..... Years ago at some forgotten site (at least by me) I couldn't get the user name Papadon because it was taken. It was football season so I borrowed from Da Boys to become Dapapadon. I kind'a like it and use it when I can.

I'm in Oregon now and don't catch many Cowboy games. I might have to get the NFL thing on cable this year. I work straight graveyard shift so I got the DVR from cable but I'm not sure it would work with the NFL package. May have to call about that.

I had to check the Cowboys pre-season record, 2-1. I think the Cowboys created the good pre-season bad regular season thing. It's been true for them as far back as I can remember. (well for the most part any way) If they can make it to 8-8 this year I'll be happy. If they go 9-7 I'll be talking Superball next year!

I hated to see NBC lose Monday night football. But I've become a Sunday night football fan! Several years the Sunday night games were better than the Monday night. Looking forward to a good year this year! Sure miss Madden though.

Goooo COWBOYS!!!

Don
Old August 29th, 2011, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
Such a great pre-season! I can't wait for the regular season to start...

For all the football fans, who's your favorite team and how are they doing so far (record)?

Oops...meant to post in Clubhouse...mods, can you move please?
I am a Buffalo Bills fan, however i will be watching and rooting for the Texans this year, watch number 50 2nd string OLB Bryan Braman, he was a high school friend of mine. We bunked together for basketball tournaments, he is a beast! 6'5" 240 and runs a 4.48 40!
Old August 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Only want to let you know as a 49 fan, we make all teams look good
I thought that was Detriot's job? O.K., we thumped the Pats, but it's pre-season, which don't mean nuttin'.
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by 442Harv
Enjoy your team, hope they do well for you. Only want to let you know as a 49 fan, we make all teams look good.
Are you sure? I am a Bronco fan and we seem to help teams pad their stats for the season! I am sure we will be better this year only because they only won 4 games last year!!
Old August 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
NOVICE car nut

woohoo ..... Go Packers ! The Champs !
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
See if you can guess by my user name..... Years ago at some forgotten site (at least by me) I couldn't get the user name Papadon because it was taken. It was football season so I borrowed from Da Boys to become Dapapadon. I kind'a like it and use it when I can.

I'm in Oregon now and don't catch many Cowboy games. I might have to get the NFL thing on cable this year. I work straight graveyard shift so I got the DVR from cable but I'm not sure it would work with the NFL package. May have to call about that.

I had to check the Cowboys pre-season record, 2-1. I think the Cowboys created the good pre-season bad regular season thing. It's been true for them as far back as I can remember. (well for the most part any way) If they can make it to 8-8 this year I'll be happy. If they go 9-7 I'll be talking Superball next year!

I hated to see NBC lose Monday night football. But I've become a Sunday night football fan! Several years the Sunday night games were better than the Monday night. Looking forward to a good year this year! Sure miss Madden though.

Goooo COWBOYS!!!

Don
I don't believe I've ever followed a team that played on Monday night... Football has always been a Sunday ritual at our house. Well, NFL anyway...I still love my Saturday night Longhorns game as well
Old August 29th, 2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by ah64pilot
I don't believe I've ever followed a team that played on Monday night... Football has always been a Sunday ritual at our house. Well, NFL anyway...I still love my Saturday night Longhorns game as well
Wow! Darn it, I'm not good at explaining things like this. It's not about following your team, but hopefully GOOD football. I can miss football all week then catch a good Sunday night game and it was a good fb w/e!

Some of the best fb games I've ever watched were MNF or SNF games. I hate lopesided games. (even if the Cowboys are winning, which is rare lately) Give me a good match up anytime. Division rivalries have the best potential to be great games. Dallas, Philly, the Giants and Redskins are in the NFC East. Any two of them playing could make for a great game. I remember a few years back when the Redskins were lousy. But they played the Giants on Sunday night like they were Superbowl bound. The Bears, Packers, Vikings and Lions are in the same division. Any two of them palying can be a great game. (not so much the Lions lately though) The list goes on.

Then the commentators on the old MNF and SNF were great as well. IMO Al Micheals and John Madden were one of the best commentator teams of all time. Madden had a special way of picking out mini-battles going on at the line between offence and defense players. He could turn a boring game into something to watch until the action picked up. And I have to mention Howard Cosell.

Somebody help me here! I know there's another SNF fan out there that can explain it better.

One other thing. I grew up in Indiana then spent 18 years in Texas. Night games started around 8pm. (perfect bar viewing time!) Here on the left coast they start at 5pm! God I hate that! This year I've got DVR so I'm thinking my viewing time may be later!

Don
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Dapapadon
Wow! Darn it, I'm not good at explaining things like this. It's not about following your team, but hopefully GOOD football. I can miss football all week then catch a good Sunday night game and it was a good fb w/e!

Some of the best fb games I've ever watched were MNF or SNF games. I hate lopesided games. (even if the Cowboys are winning, which is rare lately) Give me a good match up anytime. Division rivalries have the best potential to be great games. Dallas, Philly, the Giants and Redskins are in the NFC East. Any two of them playing could make for a great game. I remember a few years back when the Redskins were lousy. But they played the Giants on Sunday night like they were Superbowl bound. The Bears, Packers, Vikings and Lions are in the same division. Any two of them palying can be a great game. (not so much the Lions lately though) The list goes on.

Then the commentators on the old MNF and SNF were great as well. IMO Al Micheals and John Madden were one of the best commentator teams of all time. Madden had a special way of picking out mini-battles going on at the line between offence and defense players. He could turn a boring game into something to watch until the action picked up. And I have to mention Howard Cosell.

Somebody help me here! I know there's another SNF fan out there that can explain it better.

One other thing. I grew up in Indiana then spent 18 years in Texas. Night games started around 8pm. (perfect bar viewing time!) Here on the left coast they start at 5pm! God I hate that! This year I've got DVR so I'm thinking my viewing time may be later!

Don
I get what your saying! I am the same way in that I hope to see a good game if I turn on SNF. I dont usually care who the teams are as long as its close, there are some interesting plays, and a chance for somebody to win on that last drive of the game. As soon as a game turns into a blowout, I am usually bored with it and start looking for other things on. I agree with the start time since I am over here on the left coast too and sometimes cant get home in time to watch the start. But I certainly understand it since if it was later the people on the east coast would be up until midnight if they wanted to see the whole game.
Old August 29th, 2011, 04:55 PM

My wish is. Go texans and take the lastros {astros} with you.
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM

Montreal Alouettes - CFL Grey Cup Champs twice in a row. Oh, and of course the Bantam Sherwood Park Rams, the team my youngest boy plays on.

This is him intercepting a pass last year. 3 downs, 110 yard field, 12 players per side.

IMG_0230.jpg