General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Help with brand

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2023, 04:02 PM

Help with brand

Can anyone help me identify what brand mirror this is? It came on my 63 f85 but I’m pretty sure it’s not original/stock. I wanted to add one to the passenger side so I ordered a new set from Fusik and the ones that came in have a different, slightly smaller base, and they mount a little different with a set screw. Problem is the one I’m replacing has the bigger base so the new one won’t cover up one of the holes they drilled to mount it.

So it seems like I’m committed to this one on the driver side and would like a matching one for the passenger side.

Here are some pics of the one with the car and the new one from Fusik. FYI the one that came on the car has a flat bottom while the OE style have a tapered angle to them so the probably fit the round of the door better.

Old December 5th, 2023, 04:44 PM

I typed "BE100021 mirror" in a search engine. I didn't chase down all the hits, but indications are what you have was meant for 1965-1967 Fords. There are quite a few for sale on eBay.
Old December 7th, 2023, 08:36 AM

Thanks Oldoldss. As embarrassing as it is, before I made this post I was searching 8E 100021 and couldnt find anything so chalked it up as just some casting number. I probably should wear my reading glasses in the garage more. Looking at the pictures I posted on the bigger computer screen and not my phone, its clearly a dam "B" haha.
Anyway, kind of a weird selection they made for a mirror replacement and I wish they didnt but now Im committed to that or one with a similar base. Hopefully I can return these mirrors to Original Parts Group where I bought them.
Old December 7th, 2023, 08:49 AM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I noticed these were made in the USA.
Old December 13th, 2023, 08:40 AM

Just as a follow up. I did find that the mirror on there was made for 64 - 66 ford falcon or failane. Since I had to match the existing holes in my driver door I was pretty much locked in to a mirror with this base size.

I found this set of repops on eBay and the quality was actually pretty good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/26323106296...mis&media=COPY

So after making a template of the driver side holes using the door edge, and body line ridge as reference points I marked and drilled the holes on the passenger side. Your confident in your measurements until you have that drill in hand haha.

Anyway got both sides mounted up and they look great. While not the factory style I still think they fit the car well enough being they are from the same era.

Old December 13th, 2023, 08:55 AM
Oldsdruid

People tend to forget that outside mirrors were still extra-cost optional equipment until 1967.

If the selling dealer didn't order it, and the original buyer wanted one, it was either pay for an OE mirror and installation or go buy one at the local parts store or garage- which was invariably cheaper than the factory piece.

Glad you were able to find a match to your existing mirror.