General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

good seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2010, 07:01 AM

good seat covers?

ive been thinking about useing USA parts supply to get my seats, anyone ever used them, i want to know the quality of thier products. thanks
Old June 6th, 2010, 01:00 PM

Two things.

#1. Most parts place source from an interior seat vendor like PUI or someplace else.
So make sure they use PUI or Legendary. I don't think the other places are as good.

#2. Unless they are local to you, price out the competition.
I got my stuff from Tamraz only because they were way cheaper then the competition on some things. Like seats.

Legendary is supposed to be THE BEST there is, but PUI was the best long before Legendary came around.
They had some hiccups in quality control at some points, my guess is they hired new people.
But I have PUI all new seats and they are mint.

442Completed3Copy.jpg
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:42 AM

Legendary first, PUI second.
However, if these places do not make them for your car-in-need, you will have to check with some other lesser-known mfgrs.
Old June 7th, 2010, 05:52 AM

I will try both of them but usa parts supply is 786.00 for front and rear door panels,headliner, front and rear seat covers , carpet and package. 50 shipping for a 1968 442. That the cheapest I've seen
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Aceshigh
But I have PUI all new seats and they are mint.

Aceshigh,
Are your seat covers a factory design or did you come up with this pattern yourself? If you chose your own pattern then what is it called?
Old June 7th, 2010, 06:07 AM

The custom design seat covers are generic and might not fit as well as the ones sold by Legendary or PUI. I had my interior redone by a local guy. It was priced reasonably and looks great. The only draw back is that it isn't OE.
Old June 7th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Ben

Those seats in the pics are factory 1970+ 442 & Cutlass S seat pattern. Supreme's had a different style.
Old June 8th, 2010, 05:28 AM

Here is a link to a company that does "custom" seat covers. Might be worth a look if you don't care about originality.

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/
Old June 8th, 2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
Here is a link to a company that does "custom" seat covers. Might be worth a look if you don't care about originality.

http://www.automotiveinteriors.com/

Olds64

Do you have seat covers made by automotiveinteriors? Looking for an example of seat covers made for an Olds.

d1
Old June 8th, 2010, 01:03 PM

No I don't. I almost bought seat covers from them, but a friend at work told me about a local interior shop that I ended up using. I don't know of anyone with the Auto Interiors products. I did call the Auto Interiors number and talk to one of their customer service reps. They were friendly and helpful.
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Olds64
No I don't. I almost bought seat covers from them, but a friend at work told me about a local interior shop that I ended up using. I don't know of anyone with the Auto Interiors products. I did call the Auto Interiors number and talk to one of their customer service reps. They were friendly and helpful.

I called as well and they were very helpful. I sent pictures of my current upholstery and am waiting on feedback. Thanks for the link.

d1
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM

I had trouble with Legendary covers. They leave the buttons on the surface without countersinking them. They pop off like popcorn. PUI sent me out a headliner that was sewn crooked and had a permanent saggy spot not noticable until it was time to tighten it up. They both have been good about replacing the stuff but what do you tell the shop who does the work? Gee I'm sorry about the trouble, is there a chance you won't charge me for doing it twice? My next car will have some other covers on them.