General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

free horse power for $49.95

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2014, 07:49 AM

Great Thread! I cannot stop laughing!
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Dont forget to re-torque your muffler bearings, check your directional fluid level and your matter anti-matter space kabobulator settings....
This isn't working out well, are muffler belt box bearings left hand threads? I'm so confused...Tedd

Last edited by Tedd Thompson; June 18th, 2014 at 09:24 AM.
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:17 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Well now we have officially weeded out all the humorous Olds peps! Marven is one of my faves....Havent seen the Q-36 in at least 36 years!
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:23 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
This isn't working out well, are muffler belt box bearings left hand threads?...Tedd
Ted....Both.... Left for the left side belt box, right on the right. Be sure to use the proper NIST calibrated screwdriver for each side. Do not attempt to use a right hand screwdriver on the left for obvious safety concerns. Always wear a padded helmet when installing the belts especially on vintage vehicles.
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
This isn't working out well, are muffler belt box bearings left hand threads? I'm so confused...Tedd
It depends on whether it's dual exhaust or not.
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:41 AM

Make sure you do not have a metric crescent wrench or you may cause your power band to break while you are installing those bearings.
Old June 18th, 2014, 09:59 AM

Make sure you do not have a metric crescent wrench or you may cause your power band to break while you are installing those bearings.
============================
Good point!
I have actually seen adjustable wrenches embossed in metric like "100mm"
Must be good for metric fasteners, eh?

I see the Razin Volt Stabilizer works on ALL the big ones
Plug
Lamp
Audio
ECU, &
Sensor

WOW!!

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Given the friction that all those idler pulleys on the March system must add, I'm guessing that this device is actually BETTER for performance than a March (psuedo)serpentine system.
I am putting one of these 2-belt NOT-serpentine systems on a 440 Mopar for another person. I am not impressed. Water pump bolts must be changed to button head- they have at most TWO threads of engagement. $900 and the bolts are not even stainless. Bolt for PS pivot is too long, hits head before coming tight. Not enough room behind their bracket piece for a nut [only 0.30" available]. WHY did they not just thread their bracket hole and use a shorter bolt? Alternator pivot spacer won't go in... moved movable sleeve ALL the way aft out of the way, not better. Measure, grind end off to fit. Looking at notes later- the gap is like 3.385" in the alternator, between ears. Instructions say to use the 3.340" spacer... only later did I notice that I had been measuring the spacer and reading 3.340" but it was actually 3.440" - 0.100" too long. Crikey. Pretty sure there were no other similar length spacers in the kit to confuse it with.

Last edited by Octania; June 18th, 2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old June 18th, 2014, 10:23 AM

I wonder if that would improve the octane ratio of my espresso machine. Imagine a 82% increase in my cappuccino...
Old June 18th, 2014, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by 69cutlassman
I wonder if that would improve the octane ratio of my espresso machine. Imagine a 82% increase in my cappuccino...
You could always add what the astronuts are putting in their expresso machine. Wheeeeeeee!!!!!
Old June 18th, 2014, 01:50 PM

Has anyone else tried installing one of these? I have the red tipped wire going to battery per instructions but am not clear if the other wire goes straight into the gas tank via the vent tube. Also should this wire be fused? Cannot wait to fire this thing off and feel the awesome power.........
Old June 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by droldsmorland
Ted....Both.... Left for the left side belt box, right on the right. Be sure to use the proper NIST calibrated screwdriver for each side. Do not attempt to use a right hand screwdriver on the left for obvious safety concerns. Always wear a padded helmet when installing the belts especially on vintage vehicles.
Thats so clear now thanks for the info, and my Mommy wont let me out of the house anytime without my helmet for obvious reasons...Tedd