General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Exhaust Manifold 350

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2011, 08:53 PM

Exhaust Manifold 350

Hello all. I have a 350 and in need of the right side Exhaust Manifold. Unfotunately when I had my motor taken out this past summer, the mechanic stripped a bolt. Now I have an exhaust leak. My question is #1 Are exhaust manifolds interchangable and would any year cutlass work? Where can I find this part used?

OAN:
How much should I expect to spend on a front disc brake conversion kit? and average install cost?
Old November 5th, 2011, 11:12 PM
NOVICE car nut

which one did he strip ? or do you mean broke off ? because I broke off bolts in my exhaust manifold trying to seperate from the exhaust system , and had to drill it out and re-thread it .... it was a PITA but it worked , if your refering to the original passenger side exhaust manifold it has two exhaust ports .... one for the crossover pipe and one for the exhaust pipe , so if you dont already have dual exhaust heres your chance to get a manifold minus the extra port so you can make it dual.
Old November 6th, 2011, 08:03 AM

If you do decide to replace it they are very common manifolds. I could probably sell and ship one to you for around $35, others may do it for less due to shipping costs. If you decide to go that route I'd encourage you to create a parts wanted thread and include your location. Your name implys the Southeast, but if you can find one within a couple states away it may take a chunk off the shipping costs.

Disc brake setups? In my part of the country used parts will start around $250, but then you'll need to have the calipers and master cylinder rebuilt. I really like this thread created by Joe P. a few years ago:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...sk-brakes.html

John