General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

The End of a Project

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2011, 12:23 AM

The End of a Project

I think I've finally given in to what I promised myself I wouldn't do. I've given up on my 77 CSB. I've come to a point were I just don't have anymore time or money to put into it and with gas where it is I need a car that makes sense now, not a year from now when I've finished the resto. The Cutlass is where I'm hoping to get the money for this "car that makes sense now." I'm posting to get a feel from the experts as to what I might be able to get out of the car and parts combined, and to see if there are any takers here. I guess I'll jump into what I've got:

On the car:
350 motor with 32,000 original miles
Rebuilt TH-350 transmission with less than 20 mi since rebuild
New spark plugs, belts, fuel line
Rubberized lifetime warranty gas tank
New trunk floor welded in but not completely finished
Decent trunk lid

Overall the car is in pretty crappy condition, as I said it runs and drives well, but it's not in good enough shape that I would use it as a daily driver. All body panels except the trunk lid and roof need to be replaced. This car would need to be stripped to the frame and rebuilt to make it right.

Off the car:
1 trunk lid
2 fenders
New door sill plates "Fisher Body"
New Buckskin Carpet
1977 Oldsmobile Service Manual
1 passenger window
Haynes Service Manual
2 Brand new in-the-box genuine General Motors full quarters (opera style)

The car has been in my family since new and I have everything from the original application for a title to virtually every oil change the thing has had. It spent 1977-1989 and 20,000 of its 32,000 miles as my grandmothers car, meticulously maintained. (We joke about little old ladies who only drive to the grocery store, my grandma worked at the grocery store, so work and lunch meat were a one-stop shot for this car).

I'm hoping to get 3 grand out of everything, which I didn't think was too far off since I paid 1500 for the quarters alone. Also, if anyone can lend me some advice, would I be better selling everything individually or as a package deal?

Let me know what you guys think, if you would, and if anybody is interested out there, hit me up for that as well.

Thanks, Alex

Last edited by ahagey8879; May 12th, 2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Typographical Error