General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Cruising Town. Boppin' Town

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2021, 06:23 PM

We just had our 3rd cruising Brazil event and was another great time. Here is a story on it. I really do encourage any of you in small towns to do this. I can share with you what my original posts were to get it started if you request it. It literally only takes a few minutes to post and then it will go crazy.

https://www.thebraziltimes.com/story...Ag5JUJZ3lZfyKE
Old May 14th, 2021, 07:47 PM
Banned

Cool cool pictures and turnout. Thanks.
Can you get better than that *****'s??🤯
Old May 14th, 2021, 08:57 PM

Eric, I have an idea, and please feel free to turn it down. I have attended most of the past 15 years or so of the Rt 66 Mother Road festival in Springfield, IL. It is a BIG car show, and one thing they have, on one side street, is a spot for a burnout competition. They have a hose, and some construction concrete barriers, and they do it for a while. It seems to take the steam out of the idiots.

While I'm not suggesting your event needs a competition, an empty parking lot with a BURN OUT HERE sign and a spot, maybe even blessed by and ran by the police, might work to keep the impromptu ones down.
Old May 15th, 2021, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Eric, I have an idea, and please feel free to turn it down. I have attended most of the past 15 years or so of the Rt 66 Mother Road festival in Springfield, IL. It is a BIG car show, and one thing they have, on one side street, is a spot for a burnout competition. They have a hose, and some construction concrete barriers, and they do it for a while. It seems to take the steam out of the idiots.

While I'm not suggesting your event needs a competition, an empty parking lot with a BURN OUT HERE sign and a spot, maybe even blessed by and ran by the police, might work to keep the impromptu ones down.
That is not a bad idea. The good thing about this town is that the city is ok with burning tires in this event as long as it is not excessive. The number one concern is that some people will stop and let the cars go in front of them to create a open stretch and then do it for a long distance. While stopped young kids could see it as a opportunity to cross the street because traffic is stopped