General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Congrats to Lee Pearl, Best of Class at Nats!

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM

Congrats to Lee Pearl, Best of Class at Nats!

Other than a brief mention in the "Major Builds" forum https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post320395
I haven't seen any mention of this:

Lee Pearl won Best of Class with his '70 W-30 convertible at the 2011 OCA Nationals. Congratulations, Lee! It's been great following your progress with the restoration. A well-deserved result!

Maybe there are other big winners who hang out here at ClassicOlds? In particular, I see that Joseph Donnelly's Run to Rund car also won a Best of Class (for Race Car, Seniors). Anyone else?
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:42 PM

Thanks Brian: I don't actually feel like a big winner. The car sat in my garage in pieces for 30 years and needed a coming out party. I choose the OCA Nationals for that party. I was invited to show it at CEMA in November and will attempt to make the Muscle Car Nationals too. Most of my Olds friends are on the other coast so that will be my time to share it with them too. Although it is just a car, it is very special to my family.

Lee
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:49 PM

Congrats on the win

Should not down play the win. It took a lot of work to get your car the standard to compete at that level
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:53 PM

Very nicely done. Congrats are well deserved. Very nice car. It's nice that the car means a lot to you and your family.
Old September 12th, 2011, 05:12 PM

I did learn a lot during the process and plan to share some of the experiences with this group (already posted a sport steering wheel primer on this site).

I had to save up a lot of aluminum cans to pay for the restoration. That too makes it special. Many of the wealthy collectors just buy another car with no attachment. Then they do a money is no object job. I had a budget and picked the right auto restoration shop.

My car has a story and is attached to my family. I just got lucky that is it a desirable model too and I had years to collect aluminum cans to recycle to pay for the restoration.

Lee
Old September 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM

well you need to bring it to Chicago so we can see it and then you can go over my car as well while you are here.
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:34 PM

Glad to look at your car. Bring it to the Muscle Car Nationals to keep my car company.

Lee