General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Brochures

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2020, 11:25 PM

Brochures

Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was interesting
Leave it up to someone in Norway to compile this info. Thanks!

American car brochures
Olds brochures

Just a sample​​​​​​Olds brochures
Old September 13th, 2020, 03:48 AM
Frank Ignachuck

Great resource. I've been using those brochures for reference for years. I've also made copies of some, framed them, and have them hanging in my garage.
Old September 13th, 2020, 11:31 AM

I've used that page, too, but its design leaves something to be desired on some pages.

Take this one for the '67 Olds brochure. You would think that you just click on the thumbnail image at the top to see that page full size. But no. You have to click on the page number link down below. OK, fine. BUT, the number of pictures in a row does not equal the number of "page number" links in the same row down below. The first row of images has six of them, but the first row of page number links has ten of them. He has five total rows of images but only four rows of page number links.

Trying to figure out which page number link to click on to bring up a particular full-size page quickly becomes a mess, and you end up just clicking on a page number link that looks close, seeing what picture it actually brings up, and then guessing how many pages this way or that you need to go to find the page of interest.

Why not just make the thumbnail images clickable? It take no more effort to do that than it does to put in all those page number links and make all of them clickable.

I've created web pages for a variety of reasons over the years. Poorly-designed pages are a pet peeve!