General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Been away

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2017, 03:10 AM

Been away

Hey gang!

haven't posted here in a while.

The Delta's 330 swap is going. Right now it's a fuel issue as in the fuel lines are all kinked. The electric fuel pump would overheat and stop working. Car broke down on me after work one day, fixed it only to have to break down again 1/2 mile away. I was on the way to the transmission shop to have the trans looked at. Car had to be towed home.

At home, I rigged up the mechincal pump and it worked. so I moved the car into a better place and there it sit as a wait for a back ordered part from Summit. Should come today.

Afte I get the fuel line fixed, I'll set the timing. Right now it's at 10° and it's not a happy car. Going to back it down to 7.5° and see what it gets me. The motor has the wrong balancer on it, that's why I could never get it timed right. The balancer is remarked for TDC and set at 10° right now. If I don't get on it, it's fine. I get on it it pings really bad. I have a vid on FB of it.

The Alero just had some bodywork done. It was starting the dreaded 2 door rust spot between the door and rear wheel on the 1/4. Turns out it was just a light hole about the size of an old silver dollar with more rust around it. That's fixed now too. Color doesn't match too well, but the entire car will be repainted, hopefully in 2 years or so. So I can live with it. It was only the one side. The other 1/4 was replaced in 2006 after an accident when I was hit. 17 years in Philly weather and it was only that big? I was impressed

If anybody cares, I put a factory spoiler on the Volvo V50 and just ordered the downpipe for it, as it already has the cat-back on it.

See you around
Old May 9th, 2017, 03:58 AM
Administrator

Sounds like you've been busy.
Old May 9th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Olds Fever

Definitely seems you have been very busy... Here's a link to some Alero parts I have available for sale in the off chance you may need something on the list...

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...99-2004-a.html
Old May 9th, 2017, 10:33 AM

Super busy. on top of the the car stuff, I've been fighting for more custody as well as the Mayor of Philly on his beverage tax which threatens my job. I'll post a few articals later
Old May 9th, 2017, 02:18 PM
same but different

Nice to see your back Redog.