General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Barret Jackson Auction

Search this Thread

Old January 22nd, 2012, 06:37 AM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Barret Jackson Auction

So, what did everyone think about the Camero going for 300K last night?
AL
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
CQR

I think this is getting out of hand. used to turn it on while working in the garage. but have stepped away from it for a few years. I watched it yesterday and all I can think is these are a bunch of guys who would be better off spending this money on little blue pills. It's outta control. It is going to price out the hobby of classic cars for the common man.

JMO
Old January 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Alb

Barrett Jackson

You are right about the prices. What got me was watching them auction 2 cars and then go to commercial for 10 minutes then come back. Auction off 2 more then back to the commercials. Only watched for one hour then changed channels. It was a waste of an hour in my opinion,
Alb
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Formerly "Shimmer"

Originally Posted by CQR
I think this is getting out of hand. used to turn it on while working in the garage. but have stepped away from it for a few years. I watched it yesterday and all I can think is these are a bunch of guys who would be better off spending this money on little blue pills. It's outta control. It is going to price out the hobby of classic cars for the common man.

JMO
Completely agree with you. Great pictures of your car!
AL
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by CQR
I watched it yesterday and all I can think is these are a bunch of guys who would be better off spending this money on little blue pills.

JMO
I think that they do both,spend $$$$$ and use the little blue pills. I've never been but I have been told by somebody who has said they have never seen so many daughters spending time with their dads.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:08 PM
Ben

you guys are watching or paying attention to the wrong part of the autctions.

The first day was a whole bunch of regular muscle cars, going for anything between $15k- $30k. Some even less. I find that part very interesting... And the later high dollar stuff i find interesting too, even though i'll never be buying any of those cars.

Case in point.. the Tucker. with only 50 something (58 if you count the ones made with leftover parts) cars made, you simply don't get to see them sell very often, So it was awesome to see that one go across the block.

I enjoy the auctions every year.
Old January 22nd, 2012, 10:34 PM

The B-J auction is interesting to watch, but not what you'd call reality TV. (at least I don't know many of those guys) After attending numerous car shows, cruise-ins, swap meets etc. it seems like B-J represents a minority of the real activity in the car hobby. The local buzz was many of the big prices paid this year came from overseas and not US residents.