General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

For anyone anywhere near Kansas City.

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM

For anyone anywhere near Kansas City.

Mechanic Eric Flack was recommended to me by another CO member and I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of work he did on my Oldsmobile. He is very reasonable but even more importantly is thorough with attention to every detail. This is the best spent money to date on my project and it's because he did meticulous work. You should bring your car to him in North Kansas City. My engine went from okay to kick a##!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Rocket 350 Wiring.jpg (79.7 KB, 45 views)
Old October 15th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Eric's business is called "Flackworx" and he can be reached at 816-260-5788.
Old October 16th, 2013, 02:14 AM
'87 Delta 88 Royale

It makes a nice change to see positive feedback, he's a bit too far away for me though.

Roger
Old October 16th, 2013, 04:02 AM

That is cool that you found a good mechanic in KC. I lived in Lee's Summit, MO through high school and college. FWIW, if you ever need any welding done consider using these guys. I know they're far from NKC, but they're definitely the best (and their prices are good too).

http://www.hi-tech-welding.com/
Old October 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Runner

40 miles away from me. Not bad if you the work is as good (and reasonably priced) as you say it is. Thanks for the info.
Old October 16th, 2013, 08:45 PM

Joffroi, The work is that good plus very reasonable.

Originally Posted by Joffroi
40 miles away from me. Not bad if you the work is as good (and reasonably priced) as you say it is. Thanks for the info.
I am not a mechanic by trade but I have been around enough to recognize the real deal from B.S. I don't typically tip shops that I pay to perform quoted work but I tipped Eric an extra $100. He was hired to install a new camshaft, change heads, new manifold, new carb, HEI ignition, new motor mounts, and new headers. He steam cleaned the engine compartment as well as the water passages of the engine, we never talked about that. He pulled the engine and cleaned and painted the parts, we never talked about that. He quoted me a maximum labor bill of $800.00 and that's what he charged. I will never hire anyone else. - Steven
Old October 17th, 2013, 12:52 AM

Steven, that is awsome that you had such a good experience. It is hard to find business owners today that are truly interested in serving the customer.
Old October 17th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Runner

Originally Posted by 69ishHoliday
I am not a mechanic by trade but I have been around enough to recognize the real deal from B.S. I don't typically tip shops that I pay to perform quoted work but I tipped Eric an extra $100. He was hired to install a new camshaft, change heads, new manifold, new carb, HEI ignition, new motor mounts, and new headers. He steam cleaned the engine compartment as well as the water passages of the engine, we never talked about that. He pulled the engine and cleaned and painted the parts, we never talked about that. He quoted me a maximum labor bill of $800.00 and that's what he charged. I will never hire anyone else. - Steven
Thats great to hear. Thanks for saying what you got done. Seems like a lot of work for that price.