General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Any North Carolina dealer help?

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2018, 02:54 PM

Any North Carolina dealer help?

Good Afternoon,

Weekend produced build sheet and now trying to track down info on original selling dealer(if it is a dealer). According to build sheet, car was billed and shipped to a Register Motor Co. Inc. in Wadesboro, NC on Hwy 74, East. If anyone knows anything about them, it's greatly appreciated. I have connected dots of this dealer---??---guy I bought from in ATL---me. Thanks again!

-Ryan
Old August 9th, 2018, 09:55 AM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

What year and model?

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...zone-code.html

The 5 digit dealer code will be on the POP card or the window sticker, think the build sheet as well? The link above might have that info your seeking?
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:04 AM

Looking to see if anyone has any additional information. Zone: 16 Dealer Code: 657. Looking to see if anyone knows if they changed names, or got bought out, or simply faded away as many Olds dealers did. Oddly, after spending enough time in this business, the name "Register Motor Co. Inc" makes it sound like a company car setup, like Wheels Inc or the like. I'm starting to find out more, but hope to track down anyone else that's owned the car, specifically owner #1. Long shot, but so was finding the build sheet this late in the game in literally the last spot it could have been in a stripped down 442.
Old August 9th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ryan, the likelihood of finding the dealer are slim. The chances of finding any records if you did find the dealer are about a snowballs chance in hell. I think your build sheet is worth more than the value of finding owner number 1. Keep in mind this car was built 48 years ago and most owners have been through at least another 8-10 cars by now. And, morbid though it is to say, the original owner might be smiling at you from above as you try to find out who he was.

Actually finding the build sheet wasn't that much of a long shot since the car was built in Linden.
Old August 9th, 2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ryan, the likelihood of finding the dealer are slim. The chances of finding any records if you did find the dealer are about a snowballs chance in hell. I think your build sheet is worth more than the value of finding owner number 1. Keep in mind this car was built 48 years ago and most owners have been through at least another 8-10 cars by now. And, morbid though it is to say, the original owner might be smiling at you from above as you try to find out who he was.

Actually finding the build sheet wasn't that much of a long shot since the car was built in Linden.
Allan, ha...totally agree it's a shot in the dark. Just like to investigate and see. I was shocked to even find build sheet.

Side note: in 2001 I was the sales manager at a Chevy dealer and ordered myself an '02 SS 35th Anniversary Coupe. Knowing this was potentially "the last Camaro" from GM I ordered it almost fully loaded(SLP options included), and had every single document that you could get in the car. Went so far as to get build dates for engine/trans, etc. from Camaro brand manager(still have that email!). Kept every document(order in VOMS, confirmation, dealer books, two window stickers, bill of sale, invoices, all build sheets/stickers, you name it) in a binder. Without a double the most documented '02 SS 35th
LE in existence. So what do I do...sell it. Oh well, someone has amazing documentation, and that person probably threw it away. Did keep the 442 thought

Old August 9th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I know lots of people who buy high end or expensive performance cars with the idea of keeping them as investments or to enjoy forever. Most of those 'dreams' ended up being a flash in the pan. Back in the 70's and 80 I used to buy a new car almost every 3 years. If I knew then what I know now.....
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:10 PM

http://www.theexpressnewspaper.com/f...013EJAEA02.pdf
Old August 9th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I enlarged it and made it into a picture format for anyone to see. That's really cool. Thanks for the research and sharing.

Old August 9th, 2018, 01:29 PM

This is really great! Thanks for the info here and another document to add to my book.
Old August 10th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Oldsdruid

You have a PM.