General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Any Musicians?

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
Senior Moment

Any Musicians?

I'm a guitarist.. Classic Rock, Outlaw Country, anything that doesn't suck.
I have a couple strats too..
Tom202.jpg
img_0012.jpg
100_3285a.jpg
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
Seasoned beater pilot.

Yeah, actually, I play in 2 bands. Lots of fun and lots of screaming drinking, and breaking stuff lol.

Here's a couple of pics of the ''V'' That I built for myself, complete with buddy poppy and cutlass brace accents haha. I'm a furniture maker by trade so I just had to try making one. I wouldn't do it again. There's a reason why they cost so much..... they are a pain to make without sweet CNC machinery. Definitely not worth the time.
It's solid mahogany and at one time had a nice natural finish.
After years of bashing it up and smashing the v points I had to paint it because It has a lot of bondo in it now. I call the color "Reflective puke"

Here's some random jams That I slapped up on the web.http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=72160711
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
whut1.jpg (23.4 KB, 10 views)
storagepic.jpg (75.5 KB, 9 views)
storagepic2.jpg (105.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by J-(Chicago); April 3rd, 2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:24 PM
Senior Moment

nice... you're a friggin' maniac.
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Past Administrator

I listen to music, does that count? My dad taught me how to play country like Hank Sr. and stuff, about a million years ago.
Old April 4th, 2008, 05:45 AM

Yup. I've got a 1970 P-Bass EMG pickup, Badass bridge and Schaeler tuners. I think thats how it's spelled. It's been a while. Also a Spector 5 string that feels heavier than my 1970 Ninety Eight. I'm retired (from bands) though since the early 90's when Old School heavy metal took a back seat to grunge. Wasn't going to stop washing my hair, put on flannel shirts and start singing about how much the world sucks. Started in 1981, freshman year. I've got my Olds's now.
Tom
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Senior Moment

I listen to music, does that count? My dad taught me how to play country like Hank Sr. and stuff, about a million years ago.
That's good stuff.. traditional rootsy. My band mixes acoustic guitars with a fiddle on some Grateful Dead stuff, and we also crank up the overdriven Les Pauls and do a version of house of the rising sun with a female vocal, the do some Sublime.. it's a strange mix.

Yup. I've got a 1970 P-Bass EMG pickup, Badass bridge and Schaeler tuners. I think thats how it's spelled. It's been a while. Also a Spector 5 string that feels heavier than my 1970 Ninety Eight. I'm retired (from bands) though since the early 90's when Old School heavy metal took a back seat to grunge. Wasn't going to stop washing my hair, put on flannel shirts and start singing about how much the world sucks. Started in 1981, freshman year. I've got my Olds's now.
Tom
That P-Bass is a classic.. break them out, there's time for cars and music, just think how complete you'll feel..
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:16 AM

Yeah, I'll feel pretty complete when my new son is born in 5 weeks too. LOL. Thats gonna keep me busy for a while, I would think. Nice Telecasters by the way.
Tom
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by Pfiffle
Yeah, I'll feel pretty complete when my new son is born in 5 weeks too. LOL. Thats gonna keep me busy for a while, I would think. Nice Telecasters by the way.
Tom
congrats on the impending birth, he's sure to keep you busy.
Thanks about the teles, I just routed out the body of the sunburst one and put a vintage 59 humbucker in the neck position with a super 5 way switching scheme, it screams.