The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

Musicians?

Old January 27th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Senior Moment

Musicians?

Guitar, blues/rock, classic rock, southern rock, country.

1991 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster 1962 Reissue CIJ, 2001 Fender Standard Stratocaster MIM, 1997 Fender Telecaster MIA, 2005 Fender Telecaster Hiway 1 MIA (modded with vintage 59 humbucker in the neck, super strat 5 way switching), 199? Epiphone Dot, 1981 Guild S300 AD

Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4X10, Ampeg Reverb-o-rocket 1X12

m_24ccae386b1b4cdb9eee512574ad3f01.jpg a_759b41a869622ba4df13be4ebb161f45.jpg
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Senior Moment

sorry.. there's another thread like this I started awhile ago in General Discussions. I got all excited about the Clubhouse forum and lost my mind, must be the beer.
Old February 15th, 2009, 07:58 AM

I have been playing guitar for most of my life not that good. It is hard/imposable to find anyone that does not want to get drunk, or play to show off one day in front of a new girl friend for a half hour.
Old February 15th, 2009, 10:36 AM
in love with a '71 98

Harmonica player for over 8 years now. self taught. mostly Chicago Blues style, but my biggest influence is Paul Butterfield.

-Bob
Old February 15th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Drummer - 25+ years - would love to hook up with some other musicians to jam - love rock, blues, and some jazz - Zeppelin, ZZ Top, Van Halen, Vaughan, Satriani, Ozzy and anything in between - PM me if you are anywhere in the Lansing, MI area!!
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:54 AM

I sing. I like the 50's 60's 70's the most. Have been told that I sound like the Eagles, Elvis, Roy Orbison. I think it's just because I sing the song the way I heard it.
Old February 17th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Senior Moment

I can pull off a decent Elvis, but lordy Roy Orbison is a tough one to cover.
Old March 24th, 2009, 04:34 PM

I grew up in a musical family. My father taught the most important things in life. CARS & GUITARS
I play mostly all original metal but trying to start a Judas Priest tribute band. I use Marshall amps, Jackson & Fender guitars. I also have a makeshift studio in my basement. I usually record my own drum, bass, & vocal tracks but its alot easier to find good musicians to work with.

Check out my stuff on my myspace
http://www.myspace.com/paulmlancaster
theres some pics of the Cutlass there as well
request me as friend LOL

PmL
Old March 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Oldsdruid

Originally Posted by 442much
I sing. Have been told that I sound like Elvis
I can vouch for that. Or do you remember singing karaoke in the Marriott lounge in Atlanta 1996 OCA Nats?

Me, I was too busy picking myself up off the floor after a series of Long Island Iced Teas... my buds told me I was fine until I tried to stand up, then all the color drained out of my face.

Then the next day the kids asked to go to a Braves game, so we went. And one of them bought me a bratwurst with sauerkraut. I could have killed him... I think he was trying to kill me.

I play Hammond organ, but not really good at it. Not good enough to jam with anyone at least.
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:50 AM

My wife just bought me an electric guitar for my birthday. I can play smoke on the water. Thats it.
Old March 30th, 2009, 08:35 PM

I've been playing bass for about 8 years, guitar for 5, and drums for 1 year. I also love to play around with chords on the ol' piano, too.

Old April 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by rocketraider
I play Hammond organ, but not really good at it. Not good enough to jam with anyone at least.
bumping this old thread up...

Very cool, I just started on the B-3 this year... church band stuff mostly. Rockin pretty good though, it's a lot of fun. I'm still really bad at it
Old April 5th, 2009, 03:39 PM

I can vouch for that. Or do you remember singing karaoke in the Marriott lounge in Atlanta 1996 OCA Nats?
Holy crap! I forgot about that! You were there? My friends got a kick out of my Julio/Willie duet that I did with accent and all.
Old April 11th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Oldsdruid

Of course I was there, back in my days of wanting to make a difference in OCA as a board member. Wasn't successful then, still not successful.

Luke, a B3 is a powerful instrument that can more than carry any church or blues/rock application. Get one hotrodded right and it will overpower anything it gets near- it will take off into the stratosphere. You're in Chicago area so no doubt there are people who can "improve" on Laurens Hammond's genius. JUST MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE DAMN TONE GENERATORS OILED!!!

One of my old AACA/OCA sig lines was

"It was the preternatural howl of a hotrodded Hammond B3 with the pedal matted thru a pair of Leslie cabinets in warp drive- the closest automotive equivalent is an Oldsmobile Starfire on a straight stretch of flat highway, flat out."

Got a lot of good feedback on that one.

And what was strange was Hammond itself wanted nothing to do with Donald Leslie's invention, that defined the Hammond organ sound for decades.

I need to go wind up my 1962 L-100 and let it rock a little.
Old April 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Senior Moment

ahh the Hammond-Leslie combo, I wonder what Greg Allman would do if that had'nt come about..
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:03 AM
olds..older..oldest

no Clarence Clemmens

Played alto sax and sang in a band in university[back when the earth was still cooling!] Covered wide variety,from jazz[Jean Luc Ponty], pop [Loggins and Messina],Tower of Power,Stevie Wonder,Springsteen and vanMorrison.Still love to sing along in the car...thankfully for the passengers,the 442 should drown me out!
Old April 12th, 2009, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by derek nesdoly
Played alto sax and sang in a band in university[back when the earth was still cooling!]
What!?? Didn't you hear!?! It is cooling again, and now we are developing plans to pump greenhouse gasses into the upper atmosphere. These bozos need to just leave things alone.
Old April 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Of course I was there, back in my days of wanting to make a difference in OCA as a board member. Wasn't successful then, still not successful.

Me too. I tried to get a Nationals in Calgary during the Stampede, with RCMP on horseback and the awards banquet completely paid for. They threw a fit because not all our members were OCA. So I agreed to deduct the money from what theyd give us to pay for the non compliant members. They didn't like that. Old news.

Anyway, I was just asked if I would take over the vacant PNW Zone as Director. I figured I'll do what I can to help. We'll see how it goes.
Old April 13th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Captain of my ship

Cooling

damn straight on that . here it is April 13 and I am looking out my window 8AM and it's freaking snowing and blowing like it's the middle of winter. It has been a strange spring to say the least. I am an old rock kind of guy from Eagles to Zepplin and also southern blues rock like Lynyrd Skynard . Stuff I can sing to but I love stuff like AC/DC but can't keep up with that cause I go horse. favorite new group , Nickelback cause it still sounds a lot like the old rock.
Old June 16th, 2009, 01:36 PM

I know I am behind on this thread but... I am a drummer, Blues harp player, singer. For those of you who know who I am talking about I take lessons from Curtis Salgado. I also spend my life in the music biz, because I own a retail music store. Man! Cars, and Music! Only one other thing necessary for life. (I think you can figure it out)
Old June 17th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Captain of my ship

Smile What else

Pretty girls
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Pretty girls
YOU ARE CORRECT!
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Captain of my ship

Smile Too easy

You are probably like me in that you prefer summer for the simple fact that the ladies dress a little different on those hot summer days.
Old June 18th, 2009, 07:38 AM

You made me start thinking about it......been playing for about 50+ years! Where did that go? We had a rock'n'roll band end of the 50's start of the 60's. Same group back together again (about 15 years, now), and we practice/play once a year in our driveway (Hood'Fest) w/about 150 invited guests. Price they have to pay? They have to listen to our unrehearsed music. We do original/country/blues/whatever comes up. Really a ball. I play bass; we have lead singer, lead guitar, dobro, drums, keyboard, mouth harp (not all original group, only two of us left). My favorites are Jimmy Reed or Stevie Ray Vaughn. I remember at the 2006 OCA Nationals in Dallas at the welcoming party, after several scotch assists, getting up on stage with the C&W band and doing Jimmy Reed's "Got Me Runnin' ". Had several folks comment the next day....don't know what they said, I was recovering, believe me!!!!!!! LOL!
Old June 25th, 2009, 05:19 PM

I don't think I could give up my music any more then my Oldsmobiles. I host a Blues jam tonight and will be playing at the Waterfront Blues Festival next Thursday night. I just love it and NEED it. Saves me from driving off a bridge sometimes!
Old June 26th, 2009, 06:03 AM
Captain of my ship

Unhappy Used to

I used to love going to kitchen parties up to a friend of mine. Usually there were 2 or 3 guitars and a banjo along with a harmonica maybe even a juiceharp or some spoons when I was in the mood. I played the spoons and kind of got a complex about them not being a valid musical instrument because of one of the guys who joined in on the group well after I started there. So I used to make excuses that my fingers were bothering me and I would just go and listen , a lot of blues and blues rock with folk thrown in. Now adays I don't go their at all and every time I see Mark he always wants me to get up there again but it seems I just can't find time but I think it is cause it has been so long now that I need to really modivate myself. Even if the girlfriend doesn't want to go so what eh!
Old June 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Even if the girlfriend doesn't want to go so what eh!
Man, Get a new girlfriend! I get out and play 2 or 3 nights a week. The wife stays home and OH WELL her loss. I can't sit home and let roots grow out of my butt in a chair in front of the stupid TV. Most of the stuff is Blues Jams, but I know most of the players out there because I own the music store, so its like old home week everytime. I always have my extra pouch of harps and even carry them to the car shows. Never know what the enterainment will be. Hey they may need me!

Last edited by 44TEETWO; June 27th, 2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old June 28th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Captain of my ship

YEP

You are right about that , Friday night she comes over and we have supper together but she usually heads home between 9-10 pm. I could always go up then as things are just getting warmed up by then.I think I will go up there next weekend just to see if it's still going strong. I still have the rest of the weekend to get the car done.
Old June 28th, 2009, 03:07 PM

Unhappy

Piano: raqgtime, dixieland, swing.....I do play good enough to jam but can't find anyone who likes that music!

Guess I should move to New Orleans.....before it sinks!
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Hey Wolf, Be glad your not married to her! My wife does the same thing, eats, walks the stupid dogs, and falls asleep by 9:30, I go out about 10 and go and sing the blues! I just can't let my life end on a chair watching American Idol or as I call it That Dopey American Idol! Thank god I have my man cave, I could sneek almost anything in there and she would never even know it. She NEVER come out there! THANK YOU!