General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Another NEW RIDE!

Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:16 PM

Another NEW RIDE!

Well guys and gals, the '72 is back home from the restoration shop. The body and paint (Sequoia Green w/ Saturn Gold stripes) turned out awesome. I am equally happy with the under-carriage and suspension. Tomarrow, the seats will be delivered to be re-covered with Legendary "Saddle" covers. While they are being done, I can devote some time to the rest of the interior; the new headliner and carpet have been installed. I'm still not 100% sure on the wheel/tire combo., but I am really leaning towards Cragar SS. Currently, I have the wheels and tires (Cragars) from the '69 W-31 racer installed and they look great, but they are only temporary as they are not for the street. I have a set of 14'' Cragar SS and Goodyear RWL Belted that are perfect, but the fronts won't provide enough clearance for the big brakes I chose; those wheels and tires are now on the racer (on jack stands). My other choices are:
15'' Super Stock II (painted silver-grey)--might clash with the green/gold
15" Painted Steelies and dog-dish caps (Would look kinda like the cover car of the latest Hemmings Muscle Machines Magazine)
15'' Cragar SS (always my favorite)
I am also undecided on tire selection Belted RWL---or---Radial (probably BFG)

I really plan to drive this car more than the others I own, and the suspension has many upgrades, so I am thinking a decent set of radials would provide better all-around comfort and performance.
Any ideas or opinions would be appreciated. I promise to TRY and post some pictures of this car AND my latest addition, the '72 Buick GS convertible. I know I keep saying I'm gonna get some pictures, but bear with me here. Hey, I did get a I-phone so maybe I can post some from that. I'll TRY!!!!! Until next time..... Dave.
Old October 4th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Must be nice to have you car home again. lets see those pictures. Waiting, Waiting, Waiting........................................... ...
Old October 4th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Can't wait to see the pics!