General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2009 Texas Olds Zone Show

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2009, 07:49 AM

The hood was off a racecar to showoff the engine, the green '30 is actually a '27, belonging to Gene Crowdis, (current OCA Treasurer), the car was the GM Heritage Award Winner at Dearborn.
Old October 28th, 2009, 09:16 AM

Awesome pictures Aron - thanks for sharing!
I am glad I found some pictures of my car out on the drag strip to prove I was there.
Would it be possible to request the full size images?
Alice did not get anything but small parts of other cars and the ground - she is extremely camera challenged - more than anyone I ever knew...

Last edited by Lady72nRob71; October 28th, 2009 at 09:24 AM.
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
Very nice pics 168 in all . What was the one with the hood sitting on top of the car? missing hood springs and hinges? I liked the old blue one , was that around a 1930 or so. Richards car looked nice and shiny.There were a lot of really nice cars though not enough of the landyachts.
Wolfman98 - The one w/the hood on top is Eileen O'Conner's race car out of Houston. V-E-R-Y F-A-S-T C-A-R! You mention a blue one, around 1930 or so. There is a green one (Ms Jade) that is a totally restored (3 year) 1927 4 door Olds owned by Gene Crowdis of Dallas; 27,000 original miles! Absolutely fantastic car. The 1941 Blue 4 Door is owned by Dave Huggins of Tyler, TX. Thanks for the compliments, it truly was a great Zone Show. You DID note the large 98 four door, didn't you?
Aron
Old October 28th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Aron Nance
Wolfman98 - The one w/the hood on top is Eileen O'Conner's race car out of Houston. V-E-R-Y F-A-S-T C-A-R! You mention a blue one, around 1930 or so. There is a green one (Ms Jade) that is a totally restored (3 year) 1927 4 door Olds owned by Gene Crowdis of Dallas; 27,000 original miles! Absolutely fantastic car. The 1941 Blue 4 Door is owned by Dave Huggins of Tyler, TX. Thanks for the compliments, it truly was a great Zone Show. You DID note the large 98 four door, didn't you?
Aron
I did note the 98 but only one and he was in the drag too. The 27 on second glance does look more from the 20,s I guess cause of the wood spoked wheels. very nice old car , glad the weather cleared up for you so you had a good time. looks loke lots of folks showed up.
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:41 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Lady72nRob71
Awesome pictures Aron - thanks for sharing!
I am glad I found some pictures of my car out on the drag strip to prove I was there.
Would it be possible to request the full size images?
Alice did not get anything but small parts of other cars and the ground - she is extremely camera challenged - more than anyone I ever knew...
LadyRob: Might want to give Brad Bishop a call; he lives up in Lake Highlands, he might be willing to share. I have told the story many times since the Zone show of your being sort of wishy-washy about running up to Denton for the races Satruday evening, and then getting H-O-O-K-E-D, along w/Alice. So glad y'all came, and enjoyed, the Zone Show. The Marriott has asked if we are coming back next year.............
Aron
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:34 AM

I have told the story many times since the Zone show of your being sort of wishy-washy about running up to Denton for the races Satruday evening, and then getting H-O-O-K-E-D, along w/Alice.
Wishy-washy?

The Marriott has asked if we are coming back next year.............
And you said YES, right??

Old January 4th, 2010, 09:14 AM

In answer to Rob's question, yes, the NTOC voted to once again hold a South Central Zone Show this year (2010) w/1 new chairman selected (John Bock) along w/Gene Crowdis to co-chair. They will approach the Marriott Golf Club & Resort rather quickly (across from Texas Motor Speedway) to secure great room rates/perks for all concerned, along w/the owners of North Star Dragway for another Saturday night's display/night of racing.
Old January 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM

COOL!!!! Looks like I need to get Lady's carb secondaries opening so i can get some better ET's...

If I can get the doors finished, then I will enter her for judging also. Maybe Alice will wear her Linda Vaughn costume...
Better yet if i can get her to drive my 86 in also. It will be a good entry in the "original / survivor" class, if there is one...

Aron - I liked your article in JWO - very nicely written. So it was the fans in the stands who voted my car as "people's choice??" I am still in shock over that!
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:52 AM

I eagerly await further news on the 2010 Zone Show. I'd like to go to the zone show again. I had a great time in Oct 2009. I (and my race car) got the message loud and clear that we are not welcome at the OCA Nationals this year. NEOC won't work with Sam Murray (NHRA national record holder, J/S) who offered to coordinate a race at Lebanon Valley (1 hour away from Sturbridge), and they won't have the race car class at the show either.